"Insight SM's hidden window?" always crash when shuts down.

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 02:08 am
i am using win xp professional.

i don't know what happened. but recently, some of the program will crash before the computer shuts down or restart. a window will pop up, and tell me something like "Insight SM's hidden window" is not working, something like that.

i don't know what this "Insight SM's hidden window" is. is there anyway to find out?

or make it go away?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,398 • Replies: 4
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 08:40 pm
You might try looking in Add/Remove programs to see if a program by that name is listed. If so, and you don't know what it is or why its there, uninstall it. Otherwise, you don't give us much to go on.
What circumstances bring about this problem? Is it a constant, ongoing thing, or does it happen only when you are using some other particular program or programs, or does it happen only when you try to shut down? Please try to tell us exactly what's going on when it happens, and try to give us the COMPLETE, EXACT error message, including all text and any error code, if possible.
0 Replies

Romulus

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 10:35 am
Insight SM's hidden window
I have experienced the same problem. In my case it might be due to Nielsen NetRatings. Are you a participant?

Nielsen Media Research, a company of VNU N.V., is a pioneer in audience measurement and has been a leader in the television audience measurement industry for over a half century. Nielsen Media Research creates and maintains panels from which Internet data is collected via Insight(SM), Nielsen//NetRatings' proprietary measurement software. The combination of Nielsen Media Research's audience measurement expertise and NetRatings' technology yields the highest-quality information currently available on Internet use in these countries.

The Nielsen//NetRatings Internet audience panel is collected via random digit dial (RDD), a proven method for developing high-quality, representative samples. As the Internet and television media converge, television audience data from Nielsen Media Research and Internet data from Nielsen//NetRatings will help customers understand how these media are being used separately and in combination to deliver news, information, and entertainment for electronic commerce. For more information, visit www.nielsenmedia.com.
0 Replies

turnergo

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 02:39 am
Re: Insight SM's hidden window
I often experience this problem, ie. when shutting down i receive a pop-up containing the msg "Insight SM's Hidden Window". I forcefully shutdown the task and shutdown continues.
What is Insight SM's hidden window????
And how can I permanently stop this message from popping up during shutdown?
Thanks,

Romulus wrote:
I have experienced the same problem. In my case it might be due to Nielsen NetRatings. Are you a participant?

Nielsen Media Research, a company of VNU N.V., is a pioneer in audience measurement and has been a leader in the television audience measurement industry for over a half century. Nielsen Media Research creates and maintains panels from which Internet data is collected via Insight(SM), Nielsen//NetRatings' proprietary measurement software. The combination of Nielsen Media Research's audience measurement expertise and NetRatings' technology yields the highest-quality information currently available on Internet use in these countries.

The Nielsen//NetRatings Internet audience panel is collected via random digit dial (RDD), a proven method for developing high-quality, representative samples. As the Internet and television media converge, television audience data from Nielsen Media Research and Internet data from Nielsen//NetRatings will help customers understand how these media are being used separately and in combination to deliver news, information, and entertainment for electronic commerce. For more information, visit www.nielsenmedia.com.
0 Replies

turnergo

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 02:45 am
Re: Insight SM's hidden window
I forgot to mention I also have Nielsen's Netratings in my machine!! And I have experienced problems in the past with certain applications if Netratings was active!!!
turnergo wrote:
I often experience this problem, ie. when shutting down i receive a pop-up containing the msg "Insight SM's Hidden Window". I forcefully shutdown the task and shutdown continues.
What is Insight SM's hidden window????
And how can I permanently stop this message from popping up during shutdown?
Thanks,

Romulus wrote:

0 Replies