Should Gay Pride Groups be Allowed to PIGGYBACK on Irish Pride Parades?

maxdancona

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 02:25 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:

It is the parade organizers that should have control of what happens in the parade. It is that simple.

I agree with this. And that is exactly what is happening. They do have control of what happens in the parade. And they have every right to be uncivil.

They simply have to take the consequences of their incivility. If they insist on pissing off politicians, and celebrities and sponsors... that is their business.

0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 02:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
I am thinking that anyone can come, but if you are going to do it you celebrate the event this was organized for, Irish Pride. If you want to celebrate Gay Pride then organize your own event. I would say the same for any other political pressure groups....the parties, the abortion activists, the occupy people and so on.

As far as I know, all kinds of groups and organizations march on St Patrick's Day. None of them have to hide their group identity. Your local Irish brewery folks are free to show that they're proud brewers. Your local Irish knitting circle are free to show that they're proud knitters. Your local Irish veteran's club is free to show that its folks are proud veterans. So why should your local Irish gay community hide that its marchers are proud queers?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 02:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawkeye, I fail to see just what you are objecting to. The organizers exercised their right to organize marches and to control the terms of participation. Some mayors exercised their right not to participate in them. Some breweries exercised their right not to sponsor them. For all I can see, everybody exercised their own rights; nobody violated the rights of others. What exactly is your problem?
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 02:52 pm
@Thomas,
Quote:
Hawkeye, I fail to see just what you are objecting to

"if you wont do the party the way I want it done not only will I not come but I will try to get others to not come"....it is with in rights, it is also a display of a lack of civility. Plus gay rights pressure groups long ago for me reached to low of PETA, their constant hyperventilated incivility put them on my "dont care what you think" list. Your mileage may vary.
joefromchicago

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 02:56 pm
I don't think gays should be allowed to piggyback on St. Patrick's Day parades.

I think they should use condoms.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 03:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
their constant hyperventilated incivility put them on my "dont care what you think" list. Your mileage may vary.

I suspect you never cared about gay rights.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 03:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
"if you wont do the party the way I want it done not only will I not come but I will try to get others to not come"....it is with in rights, it is also a display of a lack of civility.

When people throw a party and say my friends can't come, and I say that for this reason I'm not coming either, I'm being uncivil? You and I must have very different ideas on what it means to be civil.

hawkeye10 wrote:
Plus gay rights pressure groups long ago for me reached to low of PETA, their constant hyperventilated incivility put them on my "dont care what you think" list.

Fine. If you don't want to care what activists for gay rights and animal rights think, then don't. But by the same token, if mayors and sponsors do want to care, what makes you think that they shouldn't, and that they shouldn't act on it?

hawkeye10 wrote:
Your mileage may vary.

It sure looks like it.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 11:34 am
@hawkeye10,
The organizers get a lot of money and help from the city and state of New York. If they chosen to blatantly discriminate against gay groups and ban them from walking the streets during the St. Patrick's Day parades and festivities? Then let them pay 100% of all the expenses occurred by the city and state. Heck... make them pay 1000% for the privilege of causing all this trouble in the name of bigotry.

http://i60.tinypic.com/nqeqt4.jpg
http://www.cc.com/shows/the-nightly-show
Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 11:38 am
@hawkeye10,
I suppose if they are irish - also what other sort of groups are in the parade - is there another sort of pride group that isn't part of the "Irish" theme? Does it fit in the overall theme of the parade?

As long it fits the same parameters to the other groups in the parade I don't see why they cannot. Now if everything is supposed to be Irish pride then you would expect only Irish themed participants.

But to be fair then -- an Irish Pride group should then attend and participate in the gay pride parade.

Oh this is so last year....how gay of me. sorry for the mistake
maxdancona

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 02:11 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
But to be fair then -- an Irish Pride group should then attend and participate in the gay pride parade.

This made me chuckle.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 02:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
Seriously, the NYC parade was a thing again this year? Been busy and did not hear that it was, but I had expected that all parties would have used the last year to come to an agreement. Guess not.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 03:41 pm
BTW: does anyone have a thought on the gay political pressure groups claiming that arguing that people should not use artificial scientific means to get pregnant (and I think also using surrogate wombs, which are usually rented wombs) is so outrageously offensive to them that the idea should be banned from being communicated??

These anti-freedom assholes have to be put down, with vigour!
ehBeth

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 03:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
wasn't that just D&G? (and it turns out it was only D that has an issue because "he's Sicilian")

http://time.com/3748682/elton-john-dolce-gabbana-dominico-dolce-stefano-gabbana-ivf/
ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 06:47 pm
@ehBeth,
Ah, I didn't know that.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 07:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
wasn't that just D&G? (and it turns out it was only D that has an issue because "he's Sicilian")
He can believe that people should use scientific means of creation or not believe that people should, whether he is sicilian or not. The gay pressure groups however do not agree, they want only their beliefs spoken.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 07:41 pm
is hawk saying he wants a gay Irishman to ride him piggy back

ah well, everyone loves a parade

still, it's a nice change from his usual weirdness

but please in deference to dulce de leche try not to conceive
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 07:48 pm
@ehBeth,
<Giggles>
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 03:12 am
@hawkeye10,
Actually this "thing" as you call it has been going on for a while- several years in fact.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 03:37 am
@Sturgis,
I would have thought that a more modern Pope would springboard a solution....
0 Replies