Where are your favourite places in the world and why?

Freetraveltips

Reply Fri 11 May, 2018 02:29 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
my favourite places in the world those are
1. Cambodia- Low-lying plains, the Mekong Delta and ruins of ancient temples like Angkor Wat are the key attractions that are drawing tourists to Cambodia. The Southeast Asian nation is gaining popularity for its peaceful experience that is culturally stimulating. Cambodia is definitely an emerging tourist destination for Indians in 2017 so pack your bags and visit it before it becomes too mainstream.
2. Vietnam- Southeast Asian countries are often a hit with Indian tourists due to their proximity. However, until now, it was mostly Thailand and Malaysia. Now, Vietnam is also seeing an increase in Indian tourists who want to explore the Buddhist nation’s temples along with its natural attractions like beaches and rivers. You will find a blend of French colonial landmarks and Vietnamese culture in the country that makes it so unique.

Ragman

Reply Fri 11 May, 2018 07:38 am
@Freetraveltips,
I used to enjoy a trip to Spam-land until the locals put me off.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 May, 2018 02:50 pm
@Freetraveltips,
I'm not sure why someone would thumb your post down, because I have also visited Cambodia and Vietnam, and found them to be fascinating countries. Did you visit the "killing fields?" I can still picture Ho Chi Min City in my mind's eye, but I'm sure it has changed dramatically since my last visit some decades ago. The Opera House still sticks in my mind, and our hotel was not far close to the river. I also remember going to a hamburger joint owned by a Texan. The museums were different and interesting, especially the one where they have a airplane, tanks, and other military equipment in front. The picture of the naked girl running away from the bombing. Many of the pictures inside were taken by two Japanese photo journalists. The foods were good, and we even ate at the restaurant where Clinton had his picture taken. We traveled from Hanoi and Halong Bay in the north all the way down to the the Mekong Delta. It was a good trip.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 May, 2018 02:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The War Remnants Museum in Saigon. https://www.getyourguide.com/-l3673/?cmp=BING&campaign_id=285007250&adgroup_id=1250144724734071&target_id=kwd-78134075384293:loc-190&match_type=b%2520&ad_id=78134045466360&msclkid=0b8e0ac2467212cb855350351747fbee&loc_physical_ms=43950&feed_item_id=&keyword=lmtexcpt&partner_id=CD951&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_source=bing&utm_campaign=vietnam%253A248%257Ccore%257Cen%257Cus&utm_term=lmtexcpt
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 May, 2018 04:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Ho Chi Minh City
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 May, 2018 04:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
RITE-O
0 Replies

Freetraveltips

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 06:26 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
the favourite places of mine in india which are
1. Chadar – The Frozen River Trek- How often does one boast about walking on a frozen river in a dreamlike destination? Stamped as one of the most thrilling experiences in Ladakh for an adventure aficionado, the Chadar trek route connects villages in the Zanskar valley deep in the mountains with Chilling and the frozen Zanskar River.
2. Manali-Leh Road Trip- The ‘Mecca’ of all road trips in India, the Manali-Leh Highway has always been a favourite. Be it for the groups or solo travellers, this route outshines any other backpacking trips in India. All -you need to do: get geared up for some adventure, hit the road and reach nowhere! Passing mountains and villages, passing people who are going about their business in a more simple way what will get you appreciate both nature and simplicity.

Things to do: Must-do activities in Manali

Tours: Manali to Leh Bike Trip
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 02:00 pm
@Freetraveltips,
I have fished on Lake Michigan many decades ago by drilling holes into the ice.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 03:09 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

It has a little hit of everything. City and countrified, with hills and depths. Buildings tall and short. Culture, sights and sounds, rivers and bridges, sports, foods, step-streets , fantastic views....
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 08:14 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

It has a little hit of everything. City and countrified, with hills and depths. Buildings tall and short. Culture, sights and sounds, rivers and bridges, sports, foods, step-streets , fantastic views....

If I moved to another city outside of NYC or Boston? Pittsburgh would be on my top 3 cities to move to.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 26 May, 2018 03:16 pm
Barcelona has moved to the top of the list of my favourite cities to viisit, just marginally ahead of Venice and Vienna.

I was just blown away by Barcelona last year, so much to see, just wandering around brings up amazing sights, and we had some fantastic food.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 May, 2018 03:49 pm
@margo,
Not to miss Sagrada Famalia and Guell Park.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 May, 2018 03:59 pm
@Freetraveltips,
I have visited India three times, and still have not seen all of it! My physician is from India, and her sister got married at the Taj Palace Hotel in New Delhi where I stayed on my first visit to India. In India, I have visited New Delhi, Udaipur, Lucknow, Varanasi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Goa and Mumbai.
0 Replies

radha9512

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 12:11 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
My favourite place is the Char dham of Uttrakhand, India. The ancient architecture with the spirituality is worth experiencing. Listening to the ancient myths and tales, taking hot tea while watching the Holy Ganga river through the window of the hotel are views of life time.
Would suggest a trip to Char Dham to everyone planning a tour to India.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 12:18 pm
@radha9512,
Sounds really beautiful.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 12:45 pm
@radha9512,
Been to India 3 times but not Char Dam. New Delhi, Goa, and Mumbai were my favs.
0 Replies