men and shoes

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 06:36 pm
white running shoes, black tennies for general wear, python cowboy boots, red snakeskin halfboots, brown florsheims slip ons for dress, black florsheim slip ons for dress, leopard five inch platform boots for stage wear, sandals.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 06:43 pm
I only wear Jesus jumpers.

(Flip-flops, or thongs, for those of you outside the Bible Belt.)
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 06:43 pm
Hahahahahahaha! Men and their shoe obsession! This is great! Twisted Evil
My youngest (19) has 8-9 different pairs, mostly sneakers, (3 pr) work shoes, Timberland boots, Nike boots, a pair of sandals (I bought, he wears when running out to put his car in the garage only)! a pair of those suede slip-on shoes (He was mortified when I got a pair just like 'em)! and slippers. And he wears a size 15, so they're not easy to find. therefore, he must spend way more time looking at shoes than his mother ever did!
hah! You men! Smile
And if that wasn't funny enough, you gotta brag about them! Smile
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 08:39 pm
hahaha!
Wha'd ya leave 'cause a girl interupted your secret shoe meeting? !!! Smile heh heh
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:44 am
Quote:
I only wear Jesus jumpers.

(Flip-flops, or thongs, for those of you outside the Bible Belt.)

why are they called that.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 08:25 am
Wear SAS at work, with SAS walking shoe for lunchtime walk. Any other walking (for exercise) is with an Asolo hiking boot.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 08:48 am
my man has more shoes than i ever dreamt of having! two pairs of cloggs for work (he's a surgeon), about 3 or 4 pairs of road and moutain biking shoes, 1 pair running shoes, about 4 pairs of 'casual' shoes and about 4 pairs of 'nice' dress up shoes, 2 pairs of boots (one was extremely expensive and resembles rubber fishing boots, but what do i know?), and goretex boots for hiking. i probably forgot some in the process. you men. all this pretense of carelessness...pffft!!!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 08:49 am
oh yeah, at least 3 pairs of flip flops, some tevas, and lordknowswhatelse - he has a box in the basement...
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 09:34 am
Hahaha! The secret lives of men...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 09:40 am
I hate shoes . . . i don't need no steenking shoes . . . but the Boss says i gots to wear 'em, an' so does my Sweetiepie . . . durn wimmins . . .

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 01:12 pm
I hate shoes too; only wear 'em when I hafta.
The same goes for socks.
But when I gotta wear 'em, they gotta be either comfortable or pretty. Sometimes hard to find both in one shoe. Sad
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 01:29 pm
The most important thing about any shoes I buy is that they must be comfortable, and they don't produce foot blisters no matter how long or far I walk. I bought a white Rockport walking shoe before going to Japan last month, and it proved worthy of my feet. We walked 79 miles in ten days, and they were comfortable walking uphill, up steps (one was over 750), downhill, and down steps. We did walk some level ground too! Wink I wear them almost every day now, and touch up the scruf with white polish every few days. They still look like new.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 01:32 pm
when it comes to shoewear or humanism I trust C.I. totally. (ok ok he never wears cowboy boots but it's a cultural thing with him)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 01:54 pm
Anybody try Mephistos? I never have, but I hear they're great.

I had some ECCO's once that I really liked, but the job I had required walking through a lot of mineral based machining fluids, and the soles disintegrated.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 06:37 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
my man has more shoes than i ever dreamt of having! two pairs of cloggs for work (he's a surgeon), about 3 or 4 pairs of road and moutain biking shoes, 1 pair running shoes, about 4 pairs of 'casual' shoes and about 4 pairs of 'nice' dress up shoes, 2 pairs of boots (one was extremely expensive and resembles rubber fishing boots, but what do i know?), and goretex boots for hiking. i probably forgot some in the process. you men. all this pretense of carelessness...pffft!!!

No pretense--I have only functional shoes. Actually, I had nothing but boots until last summer.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 06:38 pm
The toughest thing seems to be finding ANYTHING not made in Red China. Even the new Army jump boots are Red Chinese. Which, I must say, is sad.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 06:52 pm
Jar, You don't know the meaning of sad as it concerns shoe companies/factories. I used to work for Florsheim Shoe Company about ten lifetimes ago when shoes were actually made in Chicago. It slowly started to import shoes from the Far East. Two years ago, Florsheim went belly up, and a private company bought out their stores. It just ain't the same.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 07:03 pm
I used to spend time with a fella who had over 40 pairs of what I would call sneakers. Every type of sports footwear I could imagine, and then some. Made me feel like I was very lacking in the footwear department.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 07:52 pm
ehBeth, If my problem was just lacking in the footwear department, I'd be one of happiest man alive. Wink
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 10:50 pm
White shoes, CI?
You gave your age away there! Smile haha
Not that it matters, and I already knew your general age anyhoo!
"I'd be one of happiest man alive."
I thought you pretty much already were!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » men and shoes
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 11:28:09