men and shoes

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:00 pm
I just got a new pair of steerhide mocs with "driving soles" that I love, I also have in the closet "leggings," Dan Post lizard-skin cowboy boots, a pair of hiking shoe/boots and some Rebock walking shoes. I feel well equiped. What do you think men say about themselves with the shoes they wear?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,157 • Replies: 126
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:09 pm
Whatever the wimmins say.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:18 pm
yeah, I knew that. I was once (a different wife) buying a new pair of Red Wing boots and she said "fine, buy them but don't expect me to be seen in public with you if you wear them."
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:26 pm
I have a fine pair of walking shoes, pebbled leather, and sort of a half boot, great ankle support. Alan Edmonds....they cost a bundle. Mrs. cav hates them. "They're old man shoes" she teases. I don't care, I like them.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:29 pm
It seems like women buy shoes based on how they will be seen by others. IMO, men buy shoes for themselves - to heck wid everyone else! Wink
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:35 pm
Just have two pairs -for change- ... and a "good pair" for weddings and funerals and similar festivities.

And an old pair of Addidas, which is supposed to be thrown away years ago. :wink:
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:40 pm
Although I rarely wear all the shoes I have, my collection includes those walking shoes, my Dansko chef shoes (wonderfully constructed), a pair of cowboy boots from years ago, leather uppers, suede bottoms, and two pairs of dress shoes, one a brogue style, and one a really soft leather with tassles that Mrs. cav hates also. Laughing All my shoes are black.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:45 pm
I'm just lucky if I get two of the same kind on in the morning.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:46 pm
I generally wear the chef shoes. Slip-ons, in and out, just like men like sex.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:54 pm
I generally have about four pairs of running shoes at a time. They get demoted one level whenevr I buy a new pair. The best (newest and thus with the most cushioning) pair is only for running. The next best is for running or whatever in muddy conditions. After that are the (foul-smelling) canoe shoes. Last come the painting shoes.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:55 pm
Shoes ? ! ? ! ?

First it was unnerwhere, now its shoes . . . when will these assaults on my freedom end ? ? ? ?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 02:01 pm
I blame the terrorists. Why not...everyone else does.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 02:10 pm
warning: remove shoe before putting foot in mouth!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 02:16 pm
margo wrote:
warning: remove shoe before putting foot in mouth!

You should have told me earlier!

(Ehem, that's risky during pregnacy, right?)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 03:00 pm
Quote:
And an old pair of Addidas, which is supposed to be thrown away years ago. :wink:

i don't throw away old shoes often enough, due to inbred pack-rattish tendencies.
had a broken boot lace emergency over the winter... couldn't get a replacement anywhere, so i re-used an old pair Smile
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 03:41 pm
cavfancier wrote:
I generally wear the chef shoes. Slip-ons, in and out, just like men like sex.

EEK! In and out...that fast? Shocked Crying or Very sad

Even so, don't forget to wear your rubbers! :wink:
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 03:46 pm
I hope you know I was kidding, doglover. Laughing I don't wear rubbers....just galoshes. Wink
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 06:10 pm
walter wrote : "... and a "good pair" for weddings and funerals and similar festivities. " ... i hope we'll all get an invitation for the "final" FESTIVITIES; i'm sure it's going to be some party(i hope walter will keep the "good pair" nicely polished). hbg
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 06:21 pm
Let's see:

Beat-up jump boots--work (wrecker driver), car stuff, general dirty stuff
Nice jump boots--work (bus driver, have to wear a shirt & tie), anything requiring me to dres "nice"
Converse canvas hi-tops--general summer wear
Old duck boots--shoveling snow, work in rain/snow

Is it bad that I wore jump boots to my wedding? Is it still bad if they were nicely polished, & nobody realized they were jump boots?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 06:32 pm
I used to buy any old shoe; I was not particular. Then my wife bought me a pair of Mason service shoes. They are so comfortable that they are all I want to own.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » men and shoes
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 08:58:17