Coolshader Disabled My Keyboard

Urbane

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 08:23 am
Hi,

I'd be very greatful if someone could offer me information regarding Coolshader. I've read through some posts/replies and have a VERY general sense of what's up.

My questions are: Have there been any instances of Coolshader disabeling keyboards? I can type in Notepad but applications like Word and Excel do not respond to the keyboard. I have Windows XP Pro.

Has Coolshader done any damage to my data?

I'd appreciate any help from anyone.

Regards,

Mike - Montreal
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 810 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 08:08 pm
It's unlikely that coolshader will have damaged document data. But I can't be sure without seeing the puter.

Have you run Adaware? Spybot?

Please do. And let us know what happens. If worse comes to worse we can walk you through a manual removal.
0 Replies

Urbane

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 12:15 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
It's unlikely that coolshader will have damaged document data. But I can't be sure without seeing the puter.

Have you run Adaware? Spybot?

Please do. And let us know what happens. If worse comes to worse we can walk you through a manual removal.
Hi Craven,

First thing, thanks very much for your response. I am glad I joined this forum as I have learned a lot and was able to fully solve my problems by reading about other people’s experiences with browser hijackers.

I downloaded, updated and ran Hijackthis, Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D. I wasn’t comfortable with manipulating registry files so I let Hijackthis do its thing. This took care of the problem and after rebooting, my keyboard became functional again. Yipee!

I’m now using Opera browser and have a personal firewall (Zonelabs). I will regularly run Antispy software as well. Of course, Norton Antivirus is fully updated and running 24/7.

Thanks again. I will regularly read these forums as they have been a big help. Have a great day.

Mike - Montreal
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 12:22 pm
Good to hear.

Make sure to add updating your Anti Virus definitions and regular windows updates to your routine.

Over the last few days over half a million PCs got infected and if they'd just run windows updates within the last several weeks they'd have been immune.
0 Replies