Filing bankruptcy during a divorce

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 07:55 pm
My wife and I are getting divorced. we are in the process of filing bankruptcy, she owes me legal fees because she was in contempt of our order and I had to take her to court. She wants to roll those fees into the bankruptcy, the lawyer told me she cant, that it is non dischargable debt. I just want to finalize this divorce, it has been 5 years. can she roll those into the bakruptcy, and if she can we need to attorneys. this is killing me. please help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,386 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

tsarstepan

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 08:49 pm
@new2it61,
Her divorce lawyer is doing a disservice for not telling her to get her own bankruptcy lawyer. You do both have a different divorce attorney right?

BTW:
Quote:
D. THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE. All of the services' content, including postings, is for informational purposes only. The service is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal advice, and no attorney/client privilege is to be inferred from any postings herein. Always seek the advice of a qualified legal professional with questions you have regarding a legal matter. You should not disregard professional legal advice because of something you have received from or read in the able2know service.

URL: http://able2know.org/about/tos/
0 Replies

new2it61

Tue 4 Mar, 2014 04:31 am
She doesn't have a divorce attorney anymore. Her attorney withdraw from the case because she doesn't listen. This has been going in for five years. I even tried mediation and she wouldn't listen to him either. This chick is nuts.
Ragman

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 01:31 pm
@new2it61,
However you DO listen, correct?
Quote:
THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE

What does your own attorney say when they advise you?
0 Replies

Jenaia

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 07:46 am
"This chick is nuts."

You married her Smile
0 Replies

new2it61

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 10:14 am
Yea unfortunately I married her. She is a complete nut.
0 Replies

bankruptcycenter

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 03:06 am
Legally she cant because its non dischargable debt. Get in touch with an experienced attorney at the earliest.
0 Replies