Mac revisited still once again

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 03:01 pm
Honestly, last time I wasn't kidding. You guys won't believe this because probably you don't use Mac or if you do, not Mac Mail. But after the last significant rev, half of the entries under "Sent" have gone by-by; they're simply not there any more. So why not?

No kidding guys, believe it or not, this is actually the truth and nothing but, this time I'm not exaggerating.

Mac in his infinite wisdom (or his minions whose activities he doesn't monitor very closely) had made this decision to remove any posting to which reference is made in another later message. For instance if I write a Letter to the Editor of our local Fourth Estate, when I send it's immediately listed under Sent just as always. However if I later forward a copy of this letter to acquaintance Mark Borax, it then disappears from the listing.

At least Mac doesn't delete it altogether, but instead he transfers it into a single page including the message to Mark. Fine, how smart you must be, Mac, to keep it somewhere we might retrieve it. However, a month later how do you expect me to remember that I had sent that copy to Mark?

….An action almost as dumb as your inability for instance to recognize "isd" as a misspelling of "is." Can't you see how close the "d" key to the "s"? This single quirk alone so far has entailed worldwide, by actual calculation, 156,349,772,092 unnecessary keystrokes.

Mac, You just have to upgrade your staff, at least in the department responsible for editing routines. You'll have to hire at least a few, if only in administrative positions, with IQ's exceeding 48.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,457 • Replies: 2
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 07:42 pm
@dalehileman,
I use Mac's and I use Mac Mail all the time, but I don't see the behavior you are describing. All my Sent Items are there and they remain in the Sent Items Folders even if I forward them (I just tried it to be sure).

I'm going to give you a few ideas to work from, but you are probably going to claim ignorance and advanced age and incipient alzheimer's and not do anything I suggest, so I'm not going to debug this in much detail.

That being said... You can control the way your Email accounts work by going into Mail > Preferences and checking the entries under Accounts and Viewing. I suspect that you have upgraded something lately and the new default "view" for Email has changed and you simply aren't used to it yet. You can change the view back to "classic" style which might be what you are used to.

Good Luck
dalehileman

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 10:10 am
@rosborne979,
Thanks Ros, I'll have a go at it

But as you've guessed I do find it overwhelming. If unsuccessful, when my No. 1 Son, an expert in The Trade, comes visit in a couple of weeks doubtless he'll know exactly where to go
0 Replies