Australia 356-3 v England

Wilso

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 02:21 pm
I'm only considering it at the moment. Embarrassed
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 02:36 pm
Wilso, I gave up new sports a long time ago. Decided that the ones I had were enough. But, you are correct - I have never seen a cricket match. I still participate in one sport - golf!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 02:40 pm
Played the occasional game of golf, but it's a bit frustrating with my horrendous slice. I can hit a drive 250 yards in a tight semi-circle. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 02:42 pm
My father's a good golfer. Been playing for 50 years.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 02:45 pm
I have found some very good things to control my slice. One was not playing for a long time. I almost quit for good that time. I still crops up , but I know now it is a product of upwinding too soon in my downswing, then unlocking my wrist just before impact to keep from block the ball. It is a great game to keep active!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 08:03 pm
I'm afraid the 3-356 is approximating my golf score! Confused

A score of 356 for 18 holes taking 3 days!

Although I've played several times, golf is just not my game. Surprisingly, I wasn't too bad at putting - but getting close enough to putt - a completely different story Crying or Very sad

Tennis, now....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 11:45 am
Tennis is great when you're no good, Margo. You're in love all day.

By the way, thanks for this thread. I got to throw out some terminology to a cricketer yesterday and look like a worldly sort of American. And I managed to sneak away before he could find out I had no idea what a test or a googly was, and that I still think a wicket's got something to do with croquet.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 01:37 pm
Even tennis is in mourning now - Pat Rafter has finally decided to retire!

Waaaahhhhh!!!

The nice guy of Australian tennis, now overtaken by prima donnas and prats!

Well, PD, who said this time on the computer was wasted - someone now thinks you're much more intelligent and edjicated!!!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 01:48 pm
Li'l Hewitt may be a turd, but he can chase down some balls. And isn't this the third or fourth time Rafter's said he's going to retire? Then he gets bored, tries to go out there again, sweats himself to the brink of death on rebound ace or hard court, and goes through the process all over again.

Or is it for real this time?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 01:52 pm
Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Confused

Looks like he's just decided he'd had enough!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 01:56 pm
Too bad. I like watching him play. The "almost-dead" thing is very compelling, like those perennial late-night Todd Martin 5-setters at the U.S. Open (that's probably more dramatic here, though, because it's the middle of the night and it's live -- it's nothing to do with any great pride in Mr. Martin himself).
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 02:01 pm
Todd Martin's always worth watching - great legs!!!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 03:11 pm
hehe!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 04:12 pm
Suit yourself. You know he's only, like, 33, right? Even though he looks about 60?
0 Replies