New obsessive compulsive moved in next door

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 06:48 pm
I'm worried about the girl friend....

Handmaiden to Lord of the Wax.

I'm wondering about his parents. Were his mother and father extrememly tidy? Was he raised with need for protection? No, no, I mean, perfection....
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 08:12 pm
"Handmaiden to Lord of the Wax." heehee Smile
When i was 15, I remember being so content to sit in my boyfriend's driveway all day and watch him work on his car. What was I thinking? Smile
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 08:20 pm
Thinking? You were 15, suzy! I betcha weren't even LOOKING at the car!!!
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 08:24 pm
Yeah, prob'ly not!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 08:44 pm
The car of course symbolized his penis; shine, shine, shine, shine of .... well, not fools.

I kid, I am not all that keen on various items symbolizing this and that. Here... it could fit. Still, I think he simply desires perfection/protection, at least for the car, something he can control. Or could, until he moved to littlek's street, where he is beleaguered by air moisture.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 08:57 pm
Quote:
The car of course symbolized his penis; shine, shine, shine, shine of .... well, not fools.

Quote:
Here... it could fit

Shocked Fit where?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 10:02 pm
The CONCEPT could fit the situation.
I don't think so myself. Although, maybe...

It could be a good thing if the car fit in a garage.
Still, moist air and all...
He'd probably continue to maintain it vigorously.
But, maybe he could get a hefty tarp...

but, I'm missing the point..
he likes doing this.

which brings us back to ... shine, shine, shine, and the potential (heh) connotations.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 10:05 pm
RJB - no kidding! Actually, I've had several neighbor's who have no business noticing the guy make mention of him. I didn't really take notice until he was pointed out.

Soz - yeah! Good point. Curiosity is the mother of all knowledge (or something - damn beers).
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:27 am
check it out --

we're obsessed with your obsession for his obsession...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 04:03 pm
Good point, Region. I mentioned this discussion to one of my long-time co-workers, hoping that I hadn't offended any of my friends here with the "nosy neighbor" comment.
His response was similar to yours (he doesn't get to spend much time on the computer; he has two teenaged daughters who have a bunch of friends visiting the house and many others visiting "virtually")
"Voyeurism" was, I thought, too fraught with sexual connotations for what we do on the internet. But some of the last few posts give me pause.

"Curiosity is the mother of invention."

-johnboy-
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 04:29 pm
anyone know the origin of "Peeping Tom"...

And I need to correct one small error. I was earlier thinking of Manic-Depressive...

My father-in-law once told me that the little old lady peeping out from behind lace curtains is what kept the neighborhood in the closet.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 04:33 pm
Littlek
Littlek, maybe he mistakes his car for Aladin's lamp and is just rubbing it so the genie will appear. Sounds logical to me. Makes more sense than Dys' weird shoes idea. Hrumph!

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 08:00 pm
Quote:
anyone know the origin of "Peeping Tom"...

lady godiva
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 08:52 pm
So I live now, in something of a surprise to me, a small town, fairly midtown. My house fronts one of the key ways through town and has what locals consider a stream of traffic at 5 and 6 pm and 8 and 9 in the morning. (No big deal in comparison to the traffic in my old neighborhood in Venice, CA.) My kitchen faces a street that enters that one in a perpendicular fashion. This is also fairly busy, for reasons that make no sense to me, and as some of you know I am actually licensed as a landscape architect/planner. I am very interested in the life of cities in general and a lot of other stuff, not to go on about it. But I don't get why this side street has such a traffic flow, besides beating the light at an intersection three blocks north. I have even seen giant logging trucks on my little street...

Anyway, across from my kitchen window is a temporary-let apartment building, usually well run. I cannot help but see it several times a day as I wash dishes or when I need water for cooking; though I have planted trees to obscure the street, they are not yet full and blowsy.

Thus about a year and a half ago, I got the full view of meth distribution. I don't apologize for the curiosity that was compelled by the circumstance.

I am sort of nonplussed by the idea that littlek could be a little weird for her interest in what is outside her kitchen window. She just started a thread, as some of us do to keep the conversation on a2k moving, about what she saw out her window, which is fairly interesting and a tableaux for conjecture.

I'm not mad at you at all, littlejohnboy, but wondering that you think littlek is obsessive. What she is seeing is ... fairly peculiar, no, not in the act of car polishing, at all, but with such frequency?? I would comment too, in a sort of comic relief, although I do think the fellow is under psychological pressure, and I don't mean that in a mean way.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 09:57 pm
Osso - What kind of trees did you plant as a screen?

oops, what were we talking about? Oh yeah, me being nosy. I have a habit of turning the conversation away from myself....

I think it funny that he's gotten the neighbors talking about him. Not because he cleans his car excessively, but because he and his girlfriend try to park they 2 cars in one spot. We have a pretty crowded lot because of that. But, not all the chatty neighbors have anything to do with our p-lot except that they can see it from their apartment windows.

My sister even complained about him and what she called his arrogance in parking hogging. I don't really have a problem with it. They're working on a solution, so they told me, and I'm good with that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 10:31 pm
I planted four Lauris nobilis var. 'saratoga' - classic bay trees. They're growing... there is an underplanting of great blue to burgundy colored hydrangeas...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 10:45 pm
oooohhhhh, I can't grow bay laurel here. Sounds lovely. I have garden envy for anyone who lives with sunshine and temperate weather.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 10:46 pm
heehee! I just had a vision of the car-cleaning guy planting bushes so Littlek will quit ogling him Smile

Sorry, couldn't resist!

(I don't think you're nosy)!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 10:49 pm
Osso
Osso, Last year, I planted three Raywood Ash trees in my rear yard trying to create some shade fairly fast. They've leafed out and have grown about 12 inches so far. Beautiful trees that will help reduce the July and August heat in the high desert. I planted them about 15 feet from the rear property line wall in my small yard so they will not intrude into my neighbor's yard, which surprised and pleased my neighbors. They were surprised that a neighbor considered them when planting big trees. This way the trees will shade my house as well as the yard.

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 11:08 pm
Good girl, bumble.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 01:18:26