New obsessive compulsive moved in next door

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:07 pm
This guy has spent at least 1 hour after work no fewer than 3 times last week, detailing his jeep. And THEN, he spent several hours today doing the same. He has several different products that he uses and I swear he keeps cleaning the same spots over and over again. It's amazing. I try not to pay attention - kind of the guiding rule for city life, but I am not intrigued. I want to keep a log. I guess obsession breeds obsession.

Why do you think he does it? Is he in a bad relationship (she helps clean sometimes)? Is he out of work (I don't think so, but he could be)? Is he trying to sell it (again I think not)? Is he simply comulsive? Should I ask him?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,924 • Replies: 147
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:10 pm
Interesting!

Observe a bit more first.

Then ask, mebbe.

Curious how this will turn out!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:12 pm
I thought this was just the kind of thing some guys do.
One of the guys at work drives to work - keeps his car covered in the underground garage with a lovely fitted cover - then cleans it (all the way to stripping and reapplying wax) several times a week during the spring/summer and fall. He takes it to some specialty place to be detailed weekly in the winter.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:12 pm
Now he's got the windex out. He got a paper towel and folded it exactly in half then again and again - perfect having - to wash windows! Oy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:14 pm
hmmmm, i wonder if you should go out and tell him that paper towel leaves lint? the windows will never be truly clean if he uses paper towels.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:15 pm
I just don't get it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:16 pm
check out his shoes littlek, I am really curious about his shoes.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:16 pm
Hehehe!

(The hyancinth-huahua is back! It must be spring!)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:17 pm
ehBeth wrote:
hmmmm, i wonder if you should go out and tell him that paper towel leaves lint? the windows will never be truly clean if he uses paper towels.

snort!

A total tangent: I hate that the 'report' button is right next to the 'quote' button..... I've had to back out of reporting people many times.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:18 pm
his shoes? ok (feeling like I'm the butt of some joke.....)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:19 pm
my danger button is the new topic vs the reply

oops! no i don't think my response is so fascinating that it needs to be its own topic. Embarrassed
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:20 pm
He's wearing grey and navy sneakers. He's also wearing faded and worn out, too-baggy levis and a blue long sleeve top. He has very neat and short hair. I believe his plates used to be registered in Indiana.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:21 pm
beth - I almost never use either of those buttons.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:22 pm
I once associated with a man who would come to work Mondays and tell how he pulled the engine out of his car to clean it over the weekend.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:23 pm
and how many times did he do that, edgar? Regularly?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:23 pm
no joke littlek, my theory is that "disturbed" men have (in my mind) strange taste in shoes, never going for just comfort and wearability but some sense of image that contradicts utility.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:24 pm
oh, nope, not this guy, just plain old (I'm guessing, New Balance) sneakers.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:26 pm
wait a minute - Dys just said "strange taste in shoes" - something funny 'bout that......
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:29 pm
The guy cleaned his engine regularly, so he said, as long as I knew him.
0 Replies

tell me why

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:31 pm
OCD is my guess, coming from one who would know......
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » New obsessive compulsive moved in next door
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 02:41:51