New obsessive compulsive moved in next door

dyslexia

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:24 pm
well, as long as he has clean hands, does it really matter?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:30 pm
clean hands are a nice thing.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:35 pm
Smile Dys! Every bite, off the same plate. Every potato chip. it's weird! (You're weirder) Smile
Yes, clean hands are a good thing, though.
My son's fiancee washes her hands and brushes her teeth multipl times a day. I don't know if her hands are rough, but her teeth are gorgeous, so there could be worse things!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:35 pm
suzy wrote:
I have a son who sniffs every morsel of food before he puts it in his mouth. kind of autistic.

Really autistic? How old is he?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:53 pm
if he's adult he is not autistic, the diagnostic label for an adult is schizo-fritzo, check the DSM IV. (or possibly "full-blown twinkie- I don't keep up on the argot like I used to."
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:01 pm
Hahaha! No, not really autistic, just some autistic-like tendencies. He's more of the twinkie sort.
Six feet, two inches of Twinkie! Smile
He just has some odd quirks. That's my boy!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:05 pm
Suzy, Dys has given the word "weird" a whole new meaning. Sometimes it can be wonderful. Laughing
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:13 pm
I don't know whether to tell you to egg his car, or ask him to clean yours.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:37 pm
Oh, I've always thought weird was wonderful.
It's pretty funny... weird didn't become a positive thing for, like, decades after I decided it was indeed positive. Same with unicorns and the color purple. I'm just so ahead of my time. Cool
uh huh.
Slappy, were you on vacation?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:41 pm
Not on vacation...just been busy. I know you miss me, but hang in there buckaroo.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 08:41 pm
Gosh, I'll try!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 08:43 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
...... or ask him to clean yours.

I thought about that!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 08:53 pm
Hmm...too bad you already made contact. It would have been much more fun if you just walked by him daily and just said "Umm, you missed a spot." Hours of entertainment.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 08:55 pm
Ooh, you're so evil Cav! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 09:25 pm
{wicked grin}

He does do that head bobble thing where he checks different angles to make sure he didn't miss any spots. He looked back at his baby three times on his way in last night.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 12:35 am
This is sort of touching. I do think he is a little unwell and I am sort of enjoying it from afar as I deal with a dear friend/business partner who just never stops with the cleaning and remodelling and the gardening and the horse grooming. Meanwhile I am developing my lazy streak, when I have been fairly known among cohorts for doing several careers at once, and so on.

Surely I have my own reasons to seek lazing about, but I admit to some turnoff at hearing she is painting the living room again.

This from a veteran remodeler, Me.

I may be the prototype of some old saying about how to get things done efficiently, ask a lazy person. Not exactly true for me, I have my very organized and laborious ways, which bring in time a need for respite. But as time goes by, I sort of let things float, seeing what needs to get done and engage in that.

Frankly, I am rather fond of festering ideas and tasks and such for a while. Usually it is useful, the festering part.
Multiple car polishing? Give this man a creative hobby. Tile production?

What you describe is Sisyphygian, however you spell that. Clean, dirty, clean, dirty, treadmill..........
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 07:26 am
Sisyphus, hmmm . . .

That ought to be sisyphian, no?

Anyway, that would only apply if he pushed the jeep up a slope to park it, only to watch it roll back down again--eternally.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 07:34 am
The more I read this thread the more grateful I am not to live in some big ole' Yankee city with all these weirdos...washing their cars and sniffing their food and such...here in Eastern North Carolina we just quietly go about our business fv cking our cousins :wink:
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 07:36 am
Hence the term 'kissing cousins'...or was that something else...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 07:37 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
The more I read this thread the more grateful I am not to live in some big ole' Yankee city with all these weirdos...washing their cars and sniffing their food and such...here in Eastern North Carolina we just quietly go about our business fv cking our cousins :wink:

With her hair up in curlers
And her pants to he knees . . .
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 08:32:23