New obsessive compulsive moved in next door

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 07:38 am
Sometimes we kiss 'em first..but when they're on all fours with the bit in their mouth...well....
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 07:57 am
Re: New obsessive compulsive moved in next door
littlek wrote:
This guy has spent at least 1 hour after work no fewer than 3 times last week, detailing his jeep. And THEN, he spent several hours today doing the same. He has several different products that he uses and I swear he keeps cleaning the same spots over and over again. It's amazing. I try not to pay attention - kind of the guiding rule for city life, but I am not intrigued. I want to keep a log. I guess obsession breeds obsession.

Why do you think he does it? Is he in a bad relationship (she helps clean sometimes)? Is he out of work (I don't think so, but he could be)? Is he trying to sell it (again I think not)? Is he simply comulsive? Should I ask him?

The likely diagnosis is either:

A. OCD

or...

B. 'Car Queer'

my guess is the latter. Very Happy
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 08:02 am
Whats a car queer ?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 08:11 am
Gautam wrote:
Whats a car queer ?

That's a new one on me, and we have sex with our cousins...., Shocked
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 08:23 am
Hi Gautam,

Nice to see ya!

The term 'Car queer' does not refer to gays but rather to what might be called a sort of 'Auto-eroticism'.

I first saw the term 'Car Queer' about 10-15 years ago in a book on how to buy a car. The book (the title of which now eludes me) was purportedly written by a former car salesman and supplied lots of 'insider information' on the tactics that car salesmen use to disarm you, manipulate you, mislead you, and, in essence, 'close the deal' with the maximum profit on each vehicle.
(The theory was that the reader, armed with this insider knowledge, could avoid getting fleeced)
Anyway, the book did have good information. What fascinated me most however, were the descriptions of the 'types' of potential buyers that the car salesmen recognized and the colorful names for them. The only one of these names I remember now is the 'car queer'.
It was apparently intended as a term of disparagement as people of this sort annoy thesalesmen and usually waste their time with endless questions and discussion about cars and requests for test drives often when they have no intention to buy at all. In fact part of the definition of the car queer was that even when he DID buy a vehicle he was back hanging around the showroom two months later to look at and test drive the new models.

I started an Abuzz thread on the topic ('Are You A Car Queer?) a few years ago as a lark, and included a little quiz that purported to determine who is and who isn't.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 03:43 pm
I keep my car clean(was always trying to keep my BMW clean when I had 'em), and one of my roomates is pretty fanatical about his car. However, this guy is over the top.

Egg that Jeep.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 04:05 pm
Cav, Setanta and Bi-P, you guys should take your show on the road. I haven't had such a good laugh in days. If you added Dys, I would be holding my sides all the time.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 04:12 pm
is that because I have my hands in the way of holding above your sides?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 04:18 pm
aww shucks...you silver tongued seductress you Embarrassed
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 04:43 pm
Monk is definately worth watching, if you have cable.

You're lucky, a guy I know bought a house across from neighbors that always sit in their garage and drink beer and have other neighbors over. They talk about him suspiciously.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 05:02 pm
lk, what's his name? and how did you get his e-mail??? i am fascinated, i'd like to know his life story.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 05:16 pm
Damn, I just got online and now there's lightening. I can't catch up on all the reading here right now.

Dag, I don't know his name OR his email. I'd emailed Bruce about him, I didn't email the OCD guy at all.

This morning he was out there squeegying his windows (squeegy, wipe blade, squeegy, wipe blade, rub with forementioned blue cloth, repeat....) quite detail oriented..... It's raining again now. He obviously has never tried to contend with new england weather before....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 05:19 pm
I'm starting to feel sorry for this guy...
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 05:49 pm
"a guy I know bought a house across from neighbors that always sit in their garage and drink beer and have other neighbors over. They talk about him suspiciously."

That's so funny! But if he doesn't like living across the street from me, he should move Wink
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 05:52 pm
I really wouldn't feel sorry for the guy, soz. He's happy. I'm more troubled by the nosy neighbors who are spending far too much time peering through their curtains at him.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 05:58 pm
heehee, that's you, K!
Gladys Kravitz Wink
Come on, Johnboy, he's right in front of her!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 06:00 pm
Curious neighbors! I'm the same way.

By the way I have a terrible time reading Curious George to the sozlet. In my world, curiosity is good! "How's that work? What happens if I...? What's behind there?" It's science! The overriding theme of the C.G. books (especially earlier ones, they get more vanilla later) is mind your manners, sit there, curiousity is bad. Hmph.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 06:02 pm
Interesting, Soz! I never thought of that!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 06:24 pm
soz: "nosy" was not a good choice of a word on my part but I'm not sure "curious" is better. Any other ideas?
I know nothing about Curious George. That was between generations.
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 06:28 pm
Bi-Polar Bear ;

You win...Your threads made me laugh out loud.

Joe Harris
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 10:14:36