FACEBOOK WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME!!!!!

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 03:21 pm
Right, so I have a Facebook account which about a year ago I deactivated. Optimistic me thought it'd be clever to write a load of babble as my password before doing so, so that I'd not be able to go back on it. After about a week I got bored not having an account so I made a new one because I didn't want to go back to that one.
Okay, so a year later (now) I want to go back to that profile to save all my old photos etc, etc. I have attempted to reset my password and I verified it was my account with the security question, so, they've sent the reset password email with my new password which I created to my email address (A new email address because I no longer have access to the one the account is linked with) except they haven't or I cant receive it I don't know.
I've tried to log in anyway without the email and it asks me to confirm my new email address by following the steps in the email WHICH I HAVEN'T RECEIVED!!! Then it says 'If you have not received the email please click here to resend' When I click the 'click here' button to resend a box comes up saying 'Something went wrong, please try again later' only I have been trying to 'try again later' for 2 weeks now and it does not work and it says the same thing.
I have waited 24 hours before asking to resend, I have tried with my mobile number and a different email address (waiting 24 hours before asking to resend) and nothing works.
Facebook have also said in their help centre community to get in touch with my email provider if waiting 24 hours doesn't work but, it doesn't mention what to do when it says 'Sorry, something went wrong' So I think it is something going wrong on their half.
Pleeeeaaaase somebody help me before I pull my hair out and strangle something.

Sir-Mandra

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 09:52 am
@pebbler95,
I'm having the same problem man only I'm a month later and the error still hasnt been fix
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 10:08 am
@pebbler95,
So - you are trying to get into an older account, yes? And you still have access to that older account's email.

But you aren't getting emails from Facebook (or are you? Did you have older notification emails in that inbox?).

I would contact your email provider, seriously. Explain that you don't seem to be getting Facebook messages, can they fix that.

Then go to Facebook again and try again to have something sent to you. I am suggesting this because if there are problems in more than one place, you're going to have to do this anyway.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 10:20 am
@pebbler95,
Quote:
FACEBOOK WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME!!!!!

http://i60.tinypic.com/wailmx.jpg
Then you will have suffered a true warrior's death! We will honor your sacrifice! What a glorious day for battle! See you in Valhalla!http://i.imdb.com/Photos/CMSIcons/emoticons/evilgrin/evil10.gif
jespah

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 11:56 am
@tsarstepan,
That image makes me think of this song.

PS To the original poster - I do hope the problem is resolved to your satisfaction. Unfortunately, FB tends to be slow with customer service as their volume is so extraordinary.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 12:17 pm
@jespah,
I'm more inclined to have the following song as the soundtrack:
0 Replies