Sports obsession and advertisement is used to move people away from political and social problems?

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 02:44 am
theu follow sports and fight over them but dont take part in political issues. and the media makes big deal which team won who and not about the unemploument level, or crime or people suffering and suicides or drug abuse. Comments?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 876 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 02:47 am
@markjameson2008,
Yes. Sports should always be about the positives, because a lot of people like to escape from the negatives of their lives now and then.
markjameson2008

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 02:54 am
@Lordyaswas,
escape is not the solution. but solving the problems. the government is using sports to take peoples attention awau from the real social problems. this is what i am sauing. so the social problems keep going on
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 03:15 am
@markjameson2008,
Well, maybe your social problems are bad enough to make you as unhappy and angry as you clearly seem to be.
My country, although not perfect, is near enough perfect for me to relax now and then, and have a bit of fun.
Watching sport is one way of doing this, I find.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 03:21 am
Sounds like winter olympics resentment.
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 04:58 am
@markjameson2008,
Quote:
theu follow sports
Quote:

peoples attention awau

Quote:
what i am sauing

Whu, whu, whu must this seasonal affective disorder government seek to divert and subvert mu ignorant mass when international agreement predicates 0.7% ODA not for eddu the eagle edwards?

0 Replies