How We(The US) Can Still Win The War With Drugs

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 8 Jun, 2014 05:57 am
I don't think I'd like to board a plane/train/bus if the pilot/driver was a junkie even if drugs were legal..Smile
JLO1988

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 12:21 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I wouldn't want to live in a city that employed a junkie as a public transportation pilot...
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Fri 11 Jul, 2014 07:10 am
I just watched on TV a dude who -in a city that now allows the selling of marihuana- was the first in line buying the drug, he showed to be extremely happy, showing the bag of drug to everybody.

The news continued... this dude become so popular that the employers decided to have a drug test on him at the work place.

The dude failed the drug test in one of his jobs and refused to have the drug test in his second job... ha ha ha

We have now an unemployed dude, but he might still be happy because stupid people is always happy and marihuana consumption surely makes you stupid.
JLO1988

Wed 16 Jul, 2014 02:18 pm
@carloslebaron,
You're ignorant, don't post on my thread again.
OmSigDAVID

Tue 9 Sep, 2014 05:35 am
@JLO1988,
Quote:
How We (The US) Can Still Win The War With Drugs
The way for we, the US, to win The War on Drugs is to DEFEAT GOVERNMENT
in its USURPATION of power by repeal of anti-drug laws.
The US government was never granted jurisdiction
to interfere in any citizen's decision to engage in self destructive conduct.

David
0 Replies

JLO1988

Tue 9 Sep, 2014 01:40 pm
I recently rewrote this essay without the inflated emotional rhetoric.

Of all the knowledge I've gained in my life, of the wisdom I have sought, and the words I have written, there is no greater truth I have witnessed in what plagues the human condition than that which is a product of the American war on drugs.

I do not expect this to change until the war begins to end. Medical marijuana is not an end to the war, it's the beginning of a more long-lasting and even more misguided effort.

Here is a link to the thread for the new essay. http://able2know.org/topic/254316-1

Thank you
0 Replies

roger

Tue 9 Sep, 2014 02:04 pm
@JLO1988,
You are aware that certain jobs do require testing, aren't you? Even for legal drugs like alcohol. Also, a refusal to be tested is treated exactly the same as a failure. If it's a DOT test, either is cause for suspension of license for two years.
JLO1988

Tue 9 Sep, 2014 02:09 pm
@roger,
I don't see how that's relevant nor do I understand why you are posting that here. I have heard that some law enforcement positions do not allowed anyone that has smoked cigarettes in the last 12 months. Regardless, the relevance eludes me and this thread is closed... Since I rewrote the essay I posted originally

Is there a way to actually close the thread?
roger

Tue 9 Sep, 2014 02:11 pm
@JLO1988,
No

ten characters
JLO1988

Tue 9 Sep, 2014 02:16 pm
@roger,
Thanks Roger. Try this thread http://able2know.org/topic/254316-1 if you dare to be so bold to be the first to post that is.... Perhaps you should research how that ended for some of the folks on this forum first...
roger

Tue 9 Sep, 2014 02:19 pm
@JLO1988,
Huh?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Tue 9 Sep, 2014 02:21 pm

When U Shud Carry Your Gun, Against Violent Drug Addicts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMprXfb1gYU
Miller

Tue 9 Sep, 2014 02:45 pm
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

Is there still a war on drugs?

Yes, Bella, there is a war on drugs. But this is not the war, that's directed to so-called "street drugs". What I'm speaking of, is the" Obama War" on medications ( drugs), which for the most part are important to the elderly and the poor and which comprise for the most part the formularies that are used by both Medicare and Medicaid.

ObamaCare and its puppet MD committees have decided which drugs are to be permitted for the American public ( those individuals covered by Medicaid and Medicare) and which will be cheapest to supply. Patients will be forced to give up their brand-name drugs in favor of cheap generics and patients will have no say in this matter.

They must do AS THEY ARE TOLD or else!

Where there is no generic equivalent to the brand drug, patients will be forced to change drugs. In those cases where no suitable drug can be found, the patient can appeal the Federal law and hope for the best.

This example is ONLY one of the so -called drug-rationing measures that Obama and his army of raving DEMs has decided to put on the books.
0 Replies

Miller

Tue 9 Sep, 2014 02:56 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

...-instituting the right to access to self destructive materials.
David

Alcohol is available to those who are of the legal age as are cigarettes. Both are self destructive materials ( or so we are told).

Both are also heavily taxed and both are huge money makers, wherever they are sold. And, both of these "self-destructive materials" are available for purchase on most if not all American military bases .
0 Replies

Miller

Tue 9 Sep, 2014 02:58 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

David

That right already exists. For example ,alcohol is available to those who are of the legal age as are cigarettes and both of these items are self destructive materials ( or so we are told).

Both are also heavily taxed and both are huge money makers, wherever they are sold. And, both of these "self-destructive materials" are available for purchase on most if not all American military bases .
RABEL222

Tue 9 Sep, 2014 05:17 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Hell, I can answer that. If I was going to have a meeting with you I would most certainly carry a browning automatic rifle for protection.
roger

Tue 9 Sep, 2014 05:23 pm
@RABEL222,
Over weight, and underpowered since it was never designed to work with a fully loaded 30-06 cartridge.
RABEL222

Tue 9 Sep, 2014 05:24 pm
@roger,
The one I used worked just fine.
roger

Tue 9 Sep, 2014 05:27 pm
@RABEL222,
Relative to the weight?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Tue 9 Sep, 2014 06:34 pm
@Miller,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
David
Miller wrote:
That right already exists. For example,
alcohol is available to those who are of the legal age as are cigarettes
and both of these items are self destructive materials (or so we are told).

Both are also heavily taxed and both are huge money makers, wherever they are sold.
And, both of these "self-destructive materials" are available for purchase on most if not all American military bases.
Insofar as alcohol is concerned,
it appears that we r all defended by the 21st Amendment,
which repealed the 18th Amendment, but concerning any other drug
or self destructive material (e.g., cigarettes), I suspect that it is
the government 's attitude that it merely LET 's us use them,
in the exercise of its discretion. In other words, government
fails to recognize that it WAS NEVER GRANTED JURISDICTION
to interfere with our decisions in those matters.

When the temperance ladies sought to enact the Prohibition of alcohol,
thay freely acknowledged that an amendment of the Supreme Law of the Land
(the 18th Amendment) was necessary to vest government with any authority to DO that,
but when the war on drugs began, thay simply FAKED jurisdiction
instead of re-amending the Constitution for a new Prohibition.
Accordingly, jurisdiction is a hoax.

David