WiFi signal occasionally fails to appear on list

NicoBas

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 06:30 am
Hi! I usually use my ASRock M15 laptop at home connected to my TPLink modem/router via WiFi. It normally connects automatically to my home network. However, occasionally, when I come from having used the laptop at another location, it does not "see" my home network; the neighbor's networks appear on the list, but NOT my home one, which is on, working and can be accessed perfectly by my mobile or any other device. Important: I rarely switch off my laptop, I hibernate it and wake it. When this problem occurs, the only way for my home network to reappear on the list is to reboot the laptop. Why would this be? Is there any way of "refreshing" the list (refresh button of course makes no difference)? Maybe of disabling and enabling the whole wifi adapter? This would be quicker I guess than rebooting which can take up to 5 minutes or more.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,559 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 09:13 am
@NicoBas,
It's possible that neighbors are trying to leech off your wifi signal. Is it password-protected?
Wilso

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 01:15 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

It's possible that neighbors are trying to leech off your wifi signal. Is it password-protected?

I would have thought that would slow down access, or increase your download costs, but not stop it from appearing. Particularly since he/she states that it is visible on other devices.
Is it set to connect automatically?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 01:16 am
Which OS?
0 Replies