Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 06:19 am
the use of excessive fertilisers in the fields leads to the deficiency of an important substance in the water of a nearby lake. name the substance
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 590 • Replies: 6
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 09:47 am
@shivangi,
OO I don't know, lets see. How does a fertilizer deplete anything by going into a nearby like?
Probably then, some excess fertilizer leaked into the lake and did something to the plants and animals of the lake. Think of it as a "web of nutrients and respiration"
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 05:14 pm
@shivangi,
Shiv might it be oxygen

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/eutrophication
farmerman

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 05:22 pm
@dalehileman,
the point is not to do the homework for the kids. Being a pushover for no-thinking answers is a crappy marquee for this damned site.
Germlat

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 05:46 pm
@farmerman,
Too many as there are!! You're absolutely right.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 09:53 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
the point is not to do the homework for the kids
True, Farm, they do get to be a nuisance. In tis case however when I Googled the topic I was somewhat unsuccessful, so concluded maybe he did have a good q after all
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 02:53 pm
@shivangi,
Shivangi: I hope you're not being so LAZY as to think all you have to do is google and your answer will be at your fingertips. There are many answers to this question. I hope to not be adding to your detriment by explaining the following:
Phosphorus pollution accelerates eutrophication , which accelerates biological death due to depleted bioavailability of oxygen. Having too much phosphorus in aquatic plants such as Algae, can make them grow out of control, and can lead to bio death of freshwater.
0 Replies