Oneshot

Tue 18 Feb, 2014 06:54 am
I am, as an Englishman,very disappointed by BS around the Games in Sochi 2014 blown up by UK and US media. Many seemed-to-be trustworthy editions have been hurling really childish insults like hurt gays, and worst Olympics travel destination, and lack of security, and bad living conditions, and even too expensive visas, and other things having nothing to do with sports.
I want to apologize for Ch4, BBC and other British media. But I think that many of Americans feel the same such 'brilliant journalists' as Prof. Tutter for instance. Also I want to express my respect to Russians for working day and night to build a world class venue. It is a great work to welcome and to lodge 2 300 journalists in one hotel at once. It is even as difficult as to maintain such high level of running competitions and unobtrusive security and proper coverage of all Olympic events all over the world.
I enjoy these Games more than Vancouver. BTW that "cleaning out" of the Vancouver downtown when they pushed out the poor and the peeps unpleasant to see in such festive events. That was really ugly. But no one mentioned about that.
In addition want to ask our media to write about our sports victories. You know, those are the main events of the sport competitions, not stray dogs and not even broken bathroom door.

jespah

Tue 18 Feb, 2014 07:04 am
@Oneshot,
Sure, Ivan, so pleasure much reporting Russia.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Tue 18 Feb, 2014 07:16 am
Quote:
Sochi: sorry for bigots
Were the communists bigots ?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 18 Feb, 2014 07:18 am
@Oneshot,
Your English is coming along nicely. You should probably have posted this in an ESL/EFL forum.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 18 Feb, 2014 07:56 am
@Oneshot,
My guess is you are thinking, "If we all started acting nicer toward each other...thing might get more pleasant for everyone on the planet."

I can't agree with you more.

Putin showed himself to be a decent host by visiting the US teams...and I think the Russians have shown a positive side of themselves in this undertaking. (Although frankly, I think it is a loser for every country that sponsors one!)

I only hope it can go right to the finish...without some miserable terror incident that mars the games and hosts.

Seems to be a bit of negativity directed toward you here. Just put it aside. Your thoughts were superior to some of the reactions.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 18 Feb, 2014 08:03 am
@Oneshot,
Oneshot wrote:

I am, as an Englishman,very disappointed by BS

As an Englishman I can spot someone talking bollocks from a mile off, (we don't say BS).
OmSigDAVID

Thu 20 Feb, 2014 01:58 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Oneshot wrote:

I am, as an Englishman,very disappointed by BS

As an Englishman I can spot someone talking bollocks from a mile off, (we don't say BS).
In an effort toward conciliation,
will u concede the possibility
that he was only talking one bollock??
izzythepush

Thu 20 Feb, 2014 02:15 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You talk conciliation while Putin's preparing to take over the Ukraine.
Lordyaswas

Thu 20 Feb, 2014 03:24 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

will u concede the possibility
that he was only talking one bollock??

Would you prefer it if he just referred to it as testiculating?

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Thu 20 Feb, 2014 03:53 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
What shud we DO about that ?
izzythepush

Thu 20 Feb, 2014 04:04 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
What our governments have finally started to do, but it's probably too late.
OmSigDAVID

Thu 20 Feb, 2014 04:47 pm
@izzythepush,
too late for WHAT ?
izzythepush

Thu 20 Feb, 2014 04:48 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Anything positive.
0 Replies

Foofie

Sun 23 Feb, 2014 03:53 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Russia was nice enough to keep the Ukraine warm during winter, with Russian natural gas. And now the Ukraine wants to rub elbows with the EU? Is there an ounce of ingratitude there?
OmSigDAVID

Sun 23 Feb, 2014 08:32 pm
@Foofie,
izzythepush wrote:
Foofie wrote:
Russia was nice enough to keep the Ukraine warm during winter, with Russian natural gas.
And now the Ukraine wants to rub elbows with the EU? Is there an ounce of ingratitude there?
No, not necessarily.
I think Ukraine can live in harmony
and independence with Russia. So can we.
The Third World War has been over since 1991.
Let 's let by gones be by gones.

David
0 Replies