Garnished child support question

bankruptcycenter

Tue 13 May, 2014 02:29 am
guess all states are doing the Same.you can always get in touch with a legal expert whatsoever.........
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Mon 26 May, 2014 08:11 pm
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:
I would have to see California laws because it makes no sense to garnish wages out the gate especially if the court order established payment guidelines.

I can confirm that AZ sets up payments via wage withholding as well, right out of the gate, whether there have been any missed payments or not. Like Roger said, that is the norm.

And, like Roger said, the method of withholding by the employer, as the OP described, is perfectly correct.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 26 May, 2014 08:55 pm
@pitario,
pitario wrote:
I know there are 2 months in a year that have 5 weeks

no.

there are no months with 35 days.

_____

the award is based on a monthly number, the payment is made on a different schedule. the annual total is correct. the process is normal.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 26 May, 2014 08:57 pm
@pitario,
pitario wrote:
The employer has taken 466.00 multiplied it by 12 months = 5,592.00,

PS The employers payroll is done weekly. Can they not garnish 233.00 every other week?

your approach would give an annual total payment of $6058
glitterbag

Mon 26 May, 2014 09:47 pm
@ehBeth,
It seems to me (hope this doesn't sound pretentious) that the women receiving child support is splitting hairs. During the year she will receive what the court deemed appropriate. Perhaps she should pay extra money for a lawyer to tell her she is actually getting what the court deemed appropriate. If she wants more money, she needs to address the court for the funds she deems appropriate. Cost of living can vary dramatically according to residence. If she thinks her settlement is too low, address it in the courts, it's not in her best interest to strong arm the employer. She might be entitled to additional support, I don't know, but pestering the HR regarding how the money is distributed. It's very important that he stays employed, for him and for his family. Take a big breath, if he's in jail, there is no money, nada, kaput,

Continued support is in the child's best interest. Which means its also in the best interest of those who have primary custody as well as those who have interest in keeping their jobs.
0 Replies