ReD SHoeS aRe SHoeS To MaKe YouR HeaRT Go PiTTeR-PaT!

ehBeth

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 06:50 am
[size=8]<the first red shoe on this thread is my newest red shoe - i love that pair>[/size]
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 07:12 am
According to the Queer Eye guys, "Only children and whores wear red shoes." That is just sooooo wrong!

http://www.krcb.org/radio/hosts/images/red_shoes.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 07:16 am
hmmmm
an interesting argument
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 07:24 am
Ahh Kirsten, so many offensive jokes to follow your 'Queer Eye' post....but I really must resist. Contrary to popular belief, I do have my moral compass in check. Laughing
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 07:32 am
Cav you won't offend me, I'm just a child :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 08:31 am
Those are yours, ehBeth? Way to go. Gorgeous.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 08:34 am
I got a pair of them in tan with black stitching too, soz. I was thinking of you and your love of haute vintage suits when I was in that shop.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 08:40 am
Those Queer Eye Guys only dress men, right? I've seen that show all of once. Pretty funny! But not necessarily my kind of advice.

I'd be interested in Cav's take regardless of moral compass... waiting... waiting... Very Happy

Red shoes on children are special... most of us probably remember this photo:

http://www.forties.net/files/John_F._Kennedy__jr._salutes_fathers_casket.jpg

Kimi: A Little Girl Wearing Red Shoes
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 08:42 am
What shop? There seems to be an interesting thread that I missed. Can anyone point me there?

Those shoes remind me of one of my very faves -- similar shape, but regular pumps, black suede, interesting stictching. ~3.5 inch heels. Look very vintage (though they're new -- or were in about 1998.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 08:48 am
soz - the red shoe discussion started (i think) in clary's travel digression. That shape of shoe was very popular last winter, Guess had them and Cole Haan and 9-West (without even having to think about it). My special little retailer of these (amazing prices) also sells Jeanne Lottie purses <sigh>.

this is a link to her party purses <sigh><sigh>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 08:52 am
Oh, look at those purses! Wow.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 09:02 am
I got one from the winter collection for mrs. hamburger. I can hardly wait to give it to her. Very Happy
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 10:12 am
Ooooh, can anyone have too many purses?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 10:26 am
Okie dokie, I'll just say that given the quote from the Queer Eye guys, they like red shoes too. Laughing
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 11:51 am
Smile They are sooo funny!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 04:04 pm
Cav -- Very Happy Is that all?

Suzy -- Worth watching, huh? What I liked on the 1 show I saw (it was about the director and/or writer of plays who was trying to impress some angels) was they gave him this broad spectrum of advice... each had a specialty: clothes, body image, food, interior decorating and (is this right?) business sense. As I recall all five were grossed out because the guy being helped didn't take a shower before the big event, hadn't taken one all day and they been mentioning of his odoriferous aura. Why didn't they tell him?
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 05:39 pm
I've seen a few. They're just hilarious! Yeah, they should have told the guy to take a shower; I bet he was pretty embarassed when he saw the show!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 01:53 am
Letty wrote:
Piffka, I have a pair of go-to-hell red shoes, a left over from my vocalizing days ....

More, Letty, tell us more! I always suspected there was something more to tell in the Story of Letty! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 01:56 am
kirsten wrote:
According to the Queer Eye guys, "Only children and whores wear red shoes."

Actually, I think it's the Peter Pan in me that makes me love read shoes. (without the high heels ... could never get from A to B in them! Laughing )
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 06:15 am
ehBeth wrote:
soz - the red shoe discussion started (i think) in clary's travel digression. That shape of shoe was very popular last winter, Guess had them and Cole Haan and 9-West (without even having to think about it). My special little retailer of these (amazing prices) also sells Jeanne Lottie purses <sigh>.

this is a link to her party purses <sigh><sigh>

Such pretty little things, but I just wish someone would come up with a basic organizer purse to hold all the necessary stuff, that could then be slipped into various shells to give you the look you want for an occasion.
Changing out the contents of one of my bags is a major hassle, so I end up not doing it very often. Anyone know of such?
0 Replies