ReD SHoeS aRe SHoeS To MaKe YouR HeaRT Go PiTTeR-PaT!

kirsten

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 11:47 am
Dansko's are comfy, and you're right, well worth the investment because they do last. Thanks! Smile
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 11:52 am
Letty wrote:
Piffka, I have a pair of go-to-hell red shoes, a left over from my vocalizing days, but this thread reminded me of the ballet The Red Shoes.
My Gawd, what a movie, and what a memory I have. Why in the world would a kid go to see a movie like that? Hmmm. Twas my Hans Christian Anderson days, I guess.

Found it on Amazon, Letty. That would be a nice DVD to have, wouldn't it?
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000IPHT.01._PE13_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Do you remember a LIFE magazine photo of a little boy hugging children's boots? He was sitting alone on broad steps and I think it was noted he was happy to finally have these shoes after the rationing of the war. In my mind's eye, with that level of happiness, I think those boots must have been, if not red, at least reddish-brown!

Ceili -- Ahhhh! <heehee> My sister and I refer to those as [size=7]F*** Me Pumps[/size], but I like your version better.

Sozobe -- Those are cool. Are you going to buy them?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 12:01 pm
Hmm...while I love a good foot massage, I can't wrap my head around the shoe fetish thing....
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 12:20 pm
Piffka, I don't recall that picture, but it sounds so dear. Thanks for the link. That movie was scary to me.

Heh! heh!, Cav. You should read My Life in Court by Louis Nizer, sometime. He obtained a divorce for a woman whose husband had a foot fetish. Now my face is red. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 01:10 pm
Letty -- scary? Do the shoes take over?

cavfancier wrote:
Hmm...while I love a good foot massage, I can't wrap my head around the shoe fetish thing....

Oooh, me too, and yeah, me neither.

Imo, the love of red shoes is as innocent as angels. It is not a fetish, it is a Fest-ish... a happy thing, neither devoid of sex nor. Hardly any sex involved, except, as Ceili mentioned, for the so-called CFM-style red shoes.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 01:43 pm
Well, I went shopping in Melbourne, and MsOlga got a great pair of red shoes instead. Sad - Josef Siebel - but I can't see the model on any websites. They're very cute, with little straps and rounded toes.

I was disappointed because, for some reason, these branded shoes are much cheaper in Melbourne than Sydney. (although I suppose $245 in airfares does add to the the cost a tad!)

I have a long narrow foot (unlike the rest of me!) and the same shoes, at maximum size, were just too small. Confused Mind you, beacuse of the length of my foot - red shoes on me look much like the footwear of Cav's avatar!
Sad There seems to be red everywhere!

I do have a new pair of burgundy Naot sandals - these are my new best friends - I'll probably wear them until they fall apart.

The first thing I bought, when I left school and started work, was a pair of red high-heeled shoes. My mother announced that only prostitutes wore red shoes! Bah! She lied to me about other things as well!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 02:18 pm
Naot's are good sandals and burgundy definitely counts! It is amazing how they go with everything, isn't it?

Y'know, even my favorite boots... they're those famous Blundstones from OZ... have a reddish cast to them. Yup... the color is "Chestnut Brown."

http://www.blundstone.com//uploaded/142_30435.gif
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 02:50 pm
Piffka, In that movie, the prima couldn't stop dancing, nor take off the ballet slippers. She danced herself to a bloody pulp. The shoes were enchanted, but looking back now. I see the metaphor of it all.

Speaking of ruby slippers, the president just declared Utica, Ill. a disaster area....

Tornadoes!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 05:00 pm
Oh! That's horrible. Okay, scratch getting THAT movie!

Tornadoes? Isn't this early for tornadoes <She says, who knows next to nothing about them.> I'm sorry to hear there's a new disaster area.

Hey, check this out... that photo I mentioned is discussed here.

Somebody says:
Quote:
The picture of the little boy was of a 6 year old orphan from Austria and the shoes were given to him by the Red Cross. It was taken by Gerald Walker and can be seen on page 190 in "The Best of Life".

So, they were RED Cross shoes. <grin>
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 06:27 pm
Ooh, sozobe, my chef shoes are Dansko, but not red. Fine shoes, well-constructed indeed. This thread is haunting me. Hours ago, when I logged off to go shopping, who do I run into in the elevator? Two lovely old women, one in BRIGHT red shoes, and one in more of a toned-down Oxblood pair of shoes. Sheesh!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 06:34 pm
They got ya lookin' at the wimmins shoes now, Boyo . . .

Ye've become a sad case, so . . . .
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 06:45 pm
Hahaha, but no.... he's not a sad case! <snicker> Sorry they were old ladies, Cav.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 06:49 pm
Smile This is pretty funny!
I haven't had a pair of red shoes in a couple years.
have ordered twice from catalogs but they never fit well.
I discovered that I loved shoes when I started making money.
I've since stopped, so...! Sad
I may join the Red Hat society, though!
Razz
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 07:39 pm
I'm sure you're way too young for the Red Hat society, they'd make you wear pink. Join the Red Shoe society and then you can wear a Red Hat to match. Very Happy

Shoes do have to fit, that's for sure.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 08:01 pm
Them wimmins were more than old.....practically deceased I would say.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 08:15 pm
Hmm, haven't had a pair of dress red shoes in a long time, but I do have a pair of sneakers and a nice pair of boots. Can't remember brand names or if they would be of interest anyway. I do love red shoes--maybe Wizard of Oz had somethingt o do with my long time first choice.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 09:31 pm
Nah, you don't even have to be old to join the Red Hat society, just vaguely approaching middle age and a bit eccentric is all it takes. I'm a shoe-in (haha, get the pun, shoe... oh, never mind...)!
A red hat with a purple dress, that's me!
(but red shoes would go mighty fine with that ensemble)!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 10:29 pm
I already have a red hat. Wore a dark green one today...

but societies... I am sooo not a joiner.

Still, maybe.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 10:33 pm
omigod! I love that first shoe - the high-heel maryjane.... {drool drool}
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 10:36 pm
Yeah, it's wicked cute, LittleK!
Oh, C'mon Osso! They just meet like once a month, and go somewhere and act silly.
My cuppa tea, anyway! Smile
0 Replies