Myi??? browser

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 08:47 am
I have come across recommendations for a browser whose name begins with Myi (I think). It's a short name, but I accidentally deleted (what else is new) the most recent reference I had, and can't recall it exactly, even enough to ask Google.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? And does anyone have any opinions about it?

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,046 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 04:27 pm
Myi??? browser
Well, I just came across the browser, and it's MyIE2. But I still would like to hear from anyone who knows anything about it.
0 Replies

Exploitx

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 04:32 pm
Quote:
MyIE2

the truth that i never heard about it, but about talking for good Browser you can try the excelent open source Firefox. On the main site of mozilla.
0 Replies

mcnich327

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 06:44 pm
I am using firefox 0.8 and it has a built in pop up blocker. I have found it to be the best browser I have ever used. I try to stay away from Miscroft Browers and outlook express because of security issues. If you noticed a lot of the security updates are tied into these two items. You can download this browser at mozilla.org
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 10:37 pm
I hate firefox, it's crap. Slow and cumbersome.

But I do bounce back and forth between that and avant browser. Avant is an IE core that supports pop-up blocking, picture/flash blocking, tabbed browsing, and is quicker IMO than firefox. And by going on to the IE Privacy manager, you can control third party cookies. That, and blocking certain kinds of ads I don't like, is the only reason I'll use firefox, which has cookie management built in.

Anyways, I'm not saying don't get firefox. Perhaps it will work better for you than me. But I've had better experience overall with Avant than with Firefox.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 11:00 pm
IE may be bloated and buggy, biut its the default standard. "Alternate Browsers" all have their own set of quirks. I figure its just a matter of which quirks you can live with. I use FireFox some, and Opera some, but IE gets it done more places, more ways, more times, than anything else out there. Stuff like MYIE2 is really little more than a skin and some plugins for IE. There's lots of tweaking and customizing that can be done with IE itself, and plenty of free or cheap downloadable apps give you even more control over it. Most folks aren't all that fond of most of what Micro$oft does, but plenty of folks go right on payin' Micro$oft to do it. Go figure.
0 Replies