Welfare

snood

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 03:32 pm
Is "bean-counter" vernacular for accountant?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 03:33 pm
Yes. Smile c.i.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 03:39 pm
steissd

It's not evident the reference was to Joe Schmedlap and not the Nooger Corporation? Try a touch harder.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 04:08 pm
I do not deny that there are unscrupulous businessmen as well. I may add John Rigas to the list, the man that led to erasure of the medium-size hi-tech company "Adelphia Communications" from the business map by embezzling the corporate money. But this does not mean that everyone that makes several million $$$ a year is a fraud.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 06:17 pm
"Fraud" wasn't my word nor my implication. My rhetorical question was 'who needs a personal yearly income of five million or more'? 'Need' being the key word here....there is the classic Aristotelian differentiation between 'wants' and 'needs'.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 06:23 pm
blatham, sir, you forgot 'GREED.' Smile c.i.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 06:29 pm
ci

Yes, and what is the nature of 'greed'? In fact, what is the nature of 'wealth'?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 06:36 pm
"Real weath" is having too much to enjoy. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 11:43 pm
Matthew 19:24

"Again I tell you - it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 11:03 pm
snood, I really have a problem with that kind of religious quotes. "Rich" man can be very generous with their wealth to help the needy. Generalities about anything can often be proven to be wrong. Why say something so "unchristian" or "ungodly" to prove any point? c.i.
0 Replies