Does child services have the right after all charges were dropped 5 years ago?

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 09:01 pm
This may seem like an odd situation but I assure you, it's true. When my daughter was 7 ( she's 12 now ) her birth mother convinced her to tell a teacher that her step mothers brother had touched her, she gave her details on what to say. He was arrested, all of his laptops were confiscated and searched, she was seen by medical professionals and counselors that were approved by the court. After finally realizing why she wasn't seeing her uncle anymore, she felt bad and told the truth, that nothing had happened. We contacted the detective investigating who said he had found absolutely nothing incriminating on his laptop, the doctors who examined her, reported that their were no signs of any physical contact to show that she was ever touched in any way. She admitted to her counsel about what her mom had her say and all these people ( detective, doctor and counselor ) recommended that all charges be dropped, and the courts agreed and so they were.
Okay now the issue and the question.
It's five almost six years later and somebody made one of those cowardly anonymous child services calls because they felt she was neglected because her pants had a hole by the knee. The child services lady after her walk through of our home and determined that there was nothing wrong and the kids were well taken care of. Then before she left, she decided to tell us that my kid's uncle is not allowed around them and if he is, she will remove them from our home. That was NEVER a stipulation set by the courts and when I pointed that out to her she said these exact words. " It doesn't matter what any of them said, we have insurmountable evidence that proves he is guilty of all charges. " I asked what proof but she would not tell me, she just gave the threat again.
Here are my questions, does she have that right, to make that demand of us? And if they really had all this insurmountable evidence, why would they have agreed to release him?
This has thrown our family into a turmoil and the kids are devastated and we are living in fear of losing the kids. Any advice would be great. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 764 • Replies: 2
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 09:10 pm
@CrazyWhovian73,
Call a lawyer, that's your best bet.
0 Replies

mom2many

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 09:10 am
First of all you should learn your rights and know your rights! American family Rights and Vocal OF Missouri are very good resources. Case workers have no legal backing to threaten parents they cannot remove a child without just cause PERIOD. A Judge is the only one who can legally sign a removal order. If there were not criminal charges brought and the uncle is not on a sex offender list I would dispute the claims and threats of the case worker. I would also get a tape recorder and tape her without out her knowledge if it is legal in your state. Check and see if you are a one party or two party state. Please learn your rights it is in your families best interest!
0 Replies