That wasn't me, it was the unintentionally brainwashed me

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 08:03 pm
All of us are unintentionally brainwashed to be who and what we are by our parents, siblings, teachers and peers. But its not their fault. they were just carrying on to the next generation their own brainwashing. By realizing that we too can't help being who and what we are, we can blame our brainwashing for everything we ever did and relieve all pressure from our guilty past.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,830 • Replies: 3
No top replies

fresco

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 12:59 am
@Rickoshay75,
This is a question involving two factors:

1. The social nature of self which has evolutionary advantages for the species, and is reified locally by a common language
2. The inconsistency of self which an aspect of changing states of cognition.

The first involves social responsibility and the concept of culpability. The second involves "living with oneself" as a committee of argumentative personae.
The argument is further complicated by religious angles on "free will" ( versus philosophical determinism) and philosophical angles on "living authentically" (Existentialism).
My answer to your question is that it is simplistic, but that factor 2 "living with oneself" is the domain in which the question has any significance.
Rickoshay75

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 05:27 pm
@fresco,
My answer to your question is that it is simplistic, but that factor 2 "living with oneself" is the domain in which the question has any significance. >>

You have to utilize brainwashing to understand it. I had panic attics for years until I blamed them my brainwashing, and I haven't had an attack since then.
fresco

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 12:55 am
@Rickoshay75,
...or as Heidegger might have said "you started living authentically".
0 Replies