Bullet Proof People

Smogrn

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 09:13 pm
How much calcium on all parts of the body need to completely stop a bullet without even denting the bone if it were a regular 9mm pistol EX:A super man but from what a person is really made out of just more of it? How much would just the calcium/bone mass of that person have to be to be fully bullet proof just on the bone though in all parts of the are of the body where a persons bones are originally?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,587 • Replies: 7

Ragman

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 09:44 pm
@Smogrn,
Is the person Kryptonian named Kal-el??
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 07:17 am
@Smogrn,
Anyone getting excess calcium ends up with all sorts of health issues, see -
http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Calcium-HealthProfessional/#h8

Hence I doubt a human, as we have currently evolved, could possibly intake enough calcium to do as you posit. That person would be horribly weakened by anemia, and a lot of the excess calcium would manifest itself as kidney stones.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 07:42 am
@Smogrn,
Are you male, by any chance?

If you are, then take extra heed of jespah's warning re. kidney stones.

Why? Because if you do go silly and pile in tons of calcium over a period of time, as sure as eggs is eggs you WILL get one or more kidney stones.

The only way I can describe the feeling a male gets when passing one of these buggers, is something akin to giving birth to a particularly spiny cactus through one's penis.
And that's just the final stage of actually expelling the thing. First of all, you have the sickeming dull but excrutiating gripes whilst the bugger works its way down one of your miniscule internal tubey bits.

It's like the pain that woman experiences whilst giving birth, apparently, but without all the stirrups, or the unneccesary screaming and fuss.
jespah

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 07:48 am
@Lordyaswas,
I imagine it's without the diaper service, too.

Actually, it's possible that this was a question for book research.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 07:59 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Are you male, by any chance?

If you are, then take extra heed of jespah's warning re. kidney stones.

Something tells me this person is trying to research some kind of hard science fiction story (novel or screenplay) in which the protagonist or main character has a natural ... umm... immunity (?) to bullets. A super mutation if you will.

I don't think that an excess of calcium in the diet would lead to superstrong bones. Ever. So if you're writing a story, screenplay, or novel with a character as such you're probably going to use some sci-fi poetic license and give him extra strong bulletproof bones by way of fantasy driven science.

Besides even if the person's bones were bullet proof, the rest of the human body will still be vulnerable. Organs aren't made to be pierced and riddled with lead slugs. People can die from bleeding to death even if the gun wound doesn't involve broken bones.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 12:37 pm
Quote:
Tsarstepan said: even if the person's bones were bullet proof, the rest of the human body will still be vulnerable

Right
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Throne-blood2_zps504561be.gif~original
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 03:04 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Some folks think that arrows thru the neck can bring bad luck.
0 Replies