relativity

rosborne979

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 11:58 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
I'm not objecting to anything, merely providing a slightly different way of viewing time-at-a-distance

1. Give an example of what you mean by "time-at-a-distance"
2. Give an example of a "different way of viewing it"
contrex

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 12:22 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
a slightly different way of viewing time-at-a-distance

It feels like you are saying that "six" is a slightly different way of viewing "fourteen".
dalehileman

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 12:39 pm
@rosborne979,
1. Give an example of what you mean by "time-at-a-distance"
2. Give an example of a "different way of viewing it"

Sorry Ros, thought I had already done so, several times, but this might help:

http://able2know.org/topic/233282-1#post-5569142
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 12:40 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
It feels like you are saying that "six" is a slightly different way of viewing "fourteen".
Sorry Con, no offense, but ???????????????
contrex

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 01:35 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
Sorry Con, no offense, but ???????????????

I meant that you seem to be rearranging reality for your own purposes (which are not clear) and justifying that by saying that your notion of time at a distance is merely "a slightly different way of viewing" things, I made a comparison with someone who doesn't like the number fourteen for some reason and decides to call it "six", and when asked why, justifies it by a similar argument.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 02:01 pm
@contrex,
Aha Con, I see. However that comment doesn't clarify your misunderstanding

Have you accessed the new link above. Maybe be someone a whole lot more knowledgeable than I will step forward to resolve it in a clearer and more expedient manner
contrex

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 02:27 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
However that comment doesn't clarify your misunderstanding

The problem is that I don't think it's me that is doing the "misunderstanding", unless you are applying that word to the fact that I don't see why you want to put forward the notion that you have evidently espoused, and I cannot fathom what you mean by your description of that notion.

dalehileman

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 04:35 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
...unless you are applying that word to the fact that I don't see why you want to put forward the notion that you have evidently espoused...
Yes Con, presuming most of us responding to a thread of this sort understand classic relativity pretty well, I'd have to admit my "relative relativity" might be somewhat difficult to comprehend

..although as I mentioned, participants at other sites understood even if disagreeing. It's okay to disagree, I won't feel bad
0 Replies