Validation help

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 04:56 pm
I have the mod that forces the visitor to validate with the 5 digit number sequence. That mod isn't working and the numbers have the red x's. Which file is edited for this mod?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,940 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 04:59 pm
Each mod lists all the files involved. Each mod lists all the files that it modifies. Open up the mod and read it. The mod involves several files.
0 Replies

rhollin1

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 05:04 pm
Ok I'll put this out there like this.

I installed this forum and someone else installed the skin and all of the MODs. I have no idea which files are used or the mod that contains the information for editing the file. This guy IM's me telling me that he can't help me until tomorrow. I can't have that so I come here for help because I hear you guys are extremely helpful. So basically I have absolutely no clue as to what files are used, the actual name of the mod or anything.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 05:14 pm
Well then that poses a problem. First of all, you should always have a copy of each mod installed, and if you are having someone else do them you can't be careless.

So I'll try to help you, but know that I am limited by the fact that the information necessary is not being provided.

There is some backported code for visual confirmation. I do not know if it is what you used so I am giving a "best effort" at support of an unknown mod.

lang_main.php

In this file the mod adds language entries for the mod.

lang_admin.php

In this file it adds language entries for the mod's admin panel.

profile_add_body.tpl

In this file it adds the template invocation of the validation images (basically it calls the images from the php file).

admin/board_config_body.tpl

In this file it adds the layout changes to the admin panel part of the mod.

profile.php

In this file it tells the forum software to call up the validation in the next file.

includes/usercp_register.php

In this file a lot of the core code for the mod is added

admin/admin_board.php

In this file it adds the code that allows you to turn it on and off in teh admin panel.
0 Replies

rhollin1

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 05:21 pm
Cool. The only thing I want is for it to work and that will be tomorrow. Now I know that I can turn it off which is what I would like to do until he can look at it. I looked in the admin, but didn't see where I can turn it off.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 05:57 pm
It should be an option under "configuration" in the admin panel.
0 Replies

rhollin1

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 06:02 pm
No it's not there. DAMN
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 06:10 pm
In that case it might be a faulty install, or a wholly different mod.
0 Replies