Implications of contracts across a group of companies

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 09:26 am
Hi,

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the implications of contracts across a group of companies. It would be really helpful if someone could point me in the direction of good reading material on the subject (preferably free/online) so I can get a broader understanding.

I am particularly interested in service contracts where the service providing supplier has multiple subsidiaries (and is acquisitive).

A specific question I would like to answer is:

Customer A has a master agreement and associated orders for delivery of services from Supplier B. Supplier B is subsequently acquired by Supplier C (100% share ownership). Supplier C takes a new order for services from Customer A, with the order form detailing Supplier C as the supplier. Do the terms of Supplier B's master agreement with Customer A apply to this order?

Thanks for you help,

Simon
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,002 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 09:44 am
@simon123,
They probably don't apply. You want to look for terms of art such as meeting of the minds and bilateral contract.

The Free Dictionary is pretty basic but it's not horrible.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/meeting+of+the+minds
0 Replies