Andrew Cuomo to NY Conservatives - "Get out!"

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 01:26 am
Quote:
Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they are the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.

Really?

Right to Life is an "extreme" position?

I checked 9 pages of New Topics and couldn't find one that pertained to this topic.

What do you think would have been the response if Gov. Walker of Wisconsin announced that extreme liberals who are Pro-Choice, anti-guns, and pro-same sex marriages had not place in the state of Wisconsin?

Now I think this was a calculated political move by Cuomo (although how he thinks he might ever be elected to the presidency by pissing off half of the country is beyond me), but so what?

I'm sure this comment resonates with the wacky crowd who view conservatives as evil beings, but for a Governor of any state to say such a thing is appalling.

You might as well place Cuomo among the secessionist crowd, as this is the sort of rhetoric that could lead to it.

BTW - Who is "pro-assault weapons?" Obviously Cuomo is referring to people who oppose gun control, and who is "anti-gay?" Want to bet that as far as Cuomo is concerned, it's anyone who doesn't support same sex marriages?

jcboy

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 03:11 pm
Most but not all! Conservatives are assholes. NY Governor Andrew Cuomo said that "extreme conservatives" have no place in New York but "moderate Republicans, like in the Senate" are always welcome. (He was referring to the NY State Senate.)

Sean Hannity, apparently self-identifying as an extreme conservative, is outraged and went on a rant about how he can't wait to leave NY and the excessive taxes for a place like Texas or Florida. NY should be happy to be rid of that disgusting piece of ****. Screw Sean Hannity. Come down to Florida and overdose with Rush Limbaugh.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 05:26 pm
@jcboy,
Do you consider "pro-life" advocates to be extreme conservatives?

I'm sorry but I don't put much stock in Cuomo's definition of a "moderate conservative" and I doubt you would put much stock in Sean Hannity's definition of a "moderate liberal"
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 06:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

What do you think would have been the response if Gov. Walker of Wisconsin announced that extreme liberals who are Pro-Choice, anti-guns, and pro-same sex marriages had not place in the state of Wisconsin?

I don't think liberals would get any traction about that in the same way as you're whining now.

The public outrage was surprisingly limited when Gov. Paul LePage of Maine talked about bombing the press for disagreeing with him.

http://www.pressherald.com/politics/LePage-threatens-to-blow-up-Press-Herald-building.html
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 06:10 pm
@Kolyo,
Yeah, and there 's a Santa Clause .

Gosh you guy have no intellectual honesty at all.

Huckabee made a comment about how liberals regard a woman's libido and the mere fact that he said anything that included "women's libido" attracted a swarm of liberal outrage and abuse.

If you really want to press your absurd point, let me know and I will provide you with numerous examples of how the left have gone crazy over conservative comments that didn't even approach the problematic words of Cuomo.

Interesting that you used the LePage incident. Is this an admission on your part that the press and liberals are one and the same?
0 Replies