What I learned from a week on food stamps

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 05:10 pm
What I learned from a week on food stamps: Paul Ryan couldn’t be any more wrong
http://www.salon.com/2014/01/19/what_i_learned_from_a_week_on_food_stamps_paul_ryan_couldnt_be_any_more_wrong/

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,730 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 05:27 pm
@hingehead,
thanks for the link

2.27 error rate

pretty astonishing eh
ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 06:20 pm
@ehBeth,
I live on the 85 dollars a month re food stamps. That is part of my interest re recipes, as I'm a long time food interested person who has financial problems. I'm also a long time nutrition type, although nutrition bounces around from expert to expert and sometimes does twirllies. I had medicaid a while ago and lost it as they sent me eleven letters that they would call me at a certain time on a certain day, and they didn't, and I got a letter saying I was sacked since I didn't appear at a hearing. No, I had no letter re hearing.

Obviously, I should have yelled, but I was socked by all that. One has to learn to engage, even if you are a person who generally engages. Then for a couple of years this cost me medical money from my few doctor visits, paying off what medicare wouldn't pay. I eeenst it out and payed it all off, and finally applied again.

Presently I am given x amount of time to question needing an ambulance the day I fell from my computer, hit my noggin on the desk, and woke up from blackout as I fell. I called Diane to drive me to Urgent Care, and after no one noticing, she went to the desk and said my friend may have had a stroke.

Well, I thought it might be the blood pressure pill (I'd had stuff from that, thus my low dose) or maybe a transient ischemic thing.
They strapped me up once they noticed my standing around and in a short time I was going to be ambulanced to somewhere. The question wasn't about ambulance, but re which hospital.

Now I have to fight about the ambulance. Diane got me there, and when I was ambulance hoisted, followed me. I was relatively fine once I rose from the blackout, and walking around easily.

It was the pill. The cardiologist changed the pill, five hospital days later.
Brava, Diane. But now I have all this fight-bill paperwork.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:39 pm
I'm sorry, but I don't know anyone who relies on food stamps TOTALLY, ONLY.

It is meant to be supplemental.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:46 pm
@PUNKEY,
Well, I have social security, medicare, medicaid; that adds up to low cash to toss around at bills other than food. First thing I pay is for my dsl, a kind of lifeline. Lots of people around here in worse shape moneywise.
0 Replies