What if there was no reserrection

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 10:18 am
It is said in the bible that on the third day jesus rose from his grave. But I've been thinking lately what would the effects of this event or anything else in Christianity being disproved? The factor of disbelief in what is said to be true is selfevident. I've also came to the conlusion of atheisms or humaniatisms rise. But the factor that still erks me is the fribrous attachment and the inflexable mind that christianity imposes. So I ask the effect?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,118 • Replies: 21
No top replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 10:20 am
the world would be 'exactly' as it is today!
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 10:25 am
Actually, this is a very simple question to answer. The apostle Paul said it best. "If Christ be not raised, YOUR FAITH IS VAIN, ye are yet in your sins" (1 Cor. 15:17).

Quite simply, unless Christ rose from the dead, He is not who He said He was.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 04:33 pm
truth
BoGoWo, no, the world would NOT be exactly as it is now. There would be no easter egg hunts.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 09:48 pm
People who wanted to believe would continue to do so no matter what proof or disproof was found.

Since there is no non-Biblical evidence that Jesus was resurrected and none of the historians of the time recorded what must surely have been a notable event, all Christian belief is based on faith alone. Proof is extraneous.

Many believe that the Shroud of Turin was Jesus' burial cloth even though it was radiocarbon dated to 13 centuries after his death.

They have no problem ignoring evidence that the Bible is not God's Unchanging Word such as the Nag Hammadi and Dead Sea Scrolls.

Even scientific proof for the 4.5 billion year age of the earth, evolution, and both historical and geological proof that there was never a world-wide flood are discounted by fundamentalists.

True Believers will choose faith over facts no matter what.
0 Replies

Nathan Grace

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 10:18 am
But this arises another question what would rise in the end. Which way will we lean toward fact or faith?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 03:27 pm
Nathan Grace wrote:
Which way will we lean toward fact or faith?

Yes. And *why* do we choose the path we choose?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 05:17 am
Teachings
The teachings of Jesus weren't exciting enough?
Miracles had to be attributed in order for people to
pay attention and believe in them?

Now according to Mel Gibson the brutal sufering had to be magnified in order to get people's attention. Blood flowing and skin flaying get people's attention.

And just to keep people on message the blood and body of Jesus have to be eaten every Sunday. Seems a bit canabalistic to me.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 07:04 pm
truth
You're right, Pistoff. Now you've me pissed off too.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 08:32 pm
Mmmm....BBQ Jesus....with crackers...
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 07:48 am
no Cav; that should read BBQ Jesus, "BY" crackers!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 08:10 am
And I still believe the earth is flat Laughing
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 08:14 am
in' it? Shocked
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 08:36 am
IMO there are five Horsemen of the Apocalypes. With the fifth being religion. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Nathan Grace

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 09:44 pm
So would faith be our down fall or our uprising? Would our choosing faith over facts be foolish or would it be our strength? Or is it both?
0 Replies

Buffalo

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 10:07 pm
To answer your question... Then we would all be doomed to hell. Thankfully that is not the case. I know where I'm going, do you?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 06:11 am
Buffalo
And Just where do you believe that is?
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:17 am
What do you mean *IF* there was no resurrection? The Bible is a book of mythology, there was no resurrection, there were no miracles, there was no Biblical Jesus. The Bible was written by people who never knew the individual upon whom the messiah myths were draped.
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:19 am
CoastalRat wrote:
Actually, this is a very simple question to answer. The apostle Paul said it best. "If Christ be not raised, YOUR FAITH IS VAIN, ye are yet in your sins" (1 Cor. 15:17).

Quite simply, unless Christ rose from the dead, He is not who He said He was.

You don't have any idea who Jesus said he was because Jesus never left any writings of his own. At best, you have the writings of third parties who *CLAIM* that Jesus made claims but you cannot prove that they are accurate in any way.
0 Replies

Nathan Grace

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 10:15 am
Exactly as I thought. The resurrection is what his followers claimed had happened. Would it be without a resurrection would he still be known as the son of god. i'm am not saying he did not exist and that his teachs are false. Maybe it was a product of a need for concrete faith.
0 Replies