Don't want to see users I've blocked.

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 03:08 pm
I have blocked 2 people on Facebook but am still asked if I know one of these people & have to see photo of them. I DON'T want to see their name or their picture, how do I stop this? I've heard to select x in corner but there's NO X in corner, I see no way to block their name or photos, I had thought blocking them would fix this.

jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 03:13 pm
@Dontwannasee,
Dontwannasee wrote:

I have blocked 2 people on Facebook but am still asked if I know one of these people & have to see photo of them. I DON'T want to see their name or their picture, how do I stop this? I've heard to select x in corner but there's NO X in corner, I see no way to block their name or photos, I had thought blocking them would fix this.

That doesn’t make any sense. If you go to their profile and click on friends then report/block you can block them and you won’t be seeing anything they post, they won’t be able to see you as well.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 06:07 pm
@Dontwannasee,
Dontwannasee wrote:
I always thought you could block seeing their names/avatars; but they could see you. As a test, I will temporarily block you. I think you will still see me.
jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 06:30 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Dontwannasee wrote:
I always thought you could block seeing their names/avatars; but they could see you. As a test, I will temporarily block you. I think you will still see me.

He's talking about Facebook, if you block someone on Facebook they are gone for good, until you unblock them.
neologist

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 06:49 pm
@jcboy,
Doh!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 07:13 pm
@Dontwannasee,
If the only place you are seeing this is the "People you may know" query, then I don't think there is any way to block that. My ex-wife keeps popping up (since we know many of the same people). I just ignore it.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 09:48 pm
I hate Facebook. I have unfriended folks only to see them accept my friend request later. I think it's a cesspool. A former executive i worked for accepted my Facebook invitation only I never friended her. I called to ask her about it and the only thing we can determine is that she and I email each other, somehow our email addresses were compared and an invitation was sent to her. I have also had my son's friends accept my friending, only I never tried to friend them. I mean I love my sons friends, but would you want your mother involved with all the stuff you and your friends share? I was embarrassed. I hate Facebook, when I get that magic "you have important messages", it's usually somebody talking about shopping at Target. Holy ****, what's next? Bathroom habits? There are something's I just don't need to know about.
roger

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 11:03 pm
@glitterbag,
Oh, they know who sends emails to whom? Loverly. I bet NSA studied with facebook.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 12:54 pm
@roger,
NSA's mission is to discover and thwart attacks from foreign governments. Facebook's mission is to mine as much personal information as possible to sell ads to merchandisers for profit. And Facebook doesn't just pair up people who already exchange email, their algorithms mine the address lists of users. So I email my son, he emails his friends and then remarkably invitations to "friend" are sent out as if you were the one sending it. I have unfriended a cousin eight times, and within a week or so, she accepts my invitation to be "friends".

Visit an online store and wait for the pop-ups to start crowding your screen.
0 Replies