Need help in recovering a hacked Facebook account, please.

Jiny

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 05:53 pm
Hi everyone, my Facebook account got hacked 2 weeks ago and the hacker changed both my password AND log-in email. Facebook did send me an email to notify me that an unauthorized person was trying to access my account but I was on a vacation and did not have connection to my email. By the time I could check my email, the hacker had already changed my log-in details.

I have tried following the procedures stated in Facebook (www.facebook.com/hacked) but I always end up at the page where I am asked to reset my password. There is no way that I can do that because the hacker specifically created a new email and used that as the log-in email so even if I do reset my password, I will not be able to receive it. As of now, my account is still up and functioning, just that I do have control over it.

Can anyone help, please?

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 05:56 pm
@Jiny,
Start a new account.

Go to the old account and post that this is not your authentic account. Do that many, many times.

Let them complain/explain to the authorities.

jcboy

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 07:02 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Start a new account.

Go to the old account and post that this is not your authentic account. Do that many, many times.

Let them complain/explain to the authorities.

Yep that's pretty much all you can do, Facebook will respond.
Jiny

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 09:36 pm
@PUNKEY,
Hi punkey, thanks for responding. You mean like after I create a new account, I write on my old timeline that whoever is controlling my old account is actually a fake?
0 Replies

Jiny

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 09:46 pm
@jcboy,
Thanks for chipping in, jcboy. Would you have any other suggestions to get Facebook to respond? I'm pretty sure they have the means to act on it if I can get them to notice.
jcboy

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 09:59 pm
@Jiny,
Jiny wrote:

Thanks for chipping in, jcboy. Would you have any other suggestions to get Facebook to respond? I'm pretty sure they have the means to act on it if I can get them to notice.

You can always ask your Facebook friends o report your original account as being hacked.
0 Replies