Gay American athletes. Everything changes when it comes for politics.

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 07:39 am
How proudly have the White House announced it that the US delegation to the upcoming Winter Olympics in Russia will include openly gay athletes.... Caitlin Cahow, US national ice hockey team - one the names being so proudly announced. Unfortunately, it is a great pity that behind those White House's sweet LGBT advertisements silently been left all those problems gay sportsmen in this country face in their teams and in relations with their teammates and coaches. Nine years ago I've been working as equipment manager in one junior women ice hockey team where that time been training and playing Caitlin Cahow. Believe me I practically myself have saved that young lady for ice hockey from swinging. Those constant jokes... constant mockeries and humiliations made on teammates' behalf because of non-traditional orientation.... Caitlin practically lived in constant depression under a great stress. Not once I saw here sitting alone in her room and crying. She always lived alone in campus, because other girls for certain reason by all means tried to avoid sharing anything with her. I hope Caitlin will forgive me my saying it here but she indeed not once tried to make away with herself. Not me saved her that day from swinging... - happily she just failed to do it the way it should be, but tried. So pity that flaunting now before Russia's nose with Catlin's name and with the fact that she is a lesbian athlete, those idiots in White House do not give even a damn about how poor the situation with gay rights here, is America, is...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 880 • Replies: 2

jespah

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 08:13 am
@Bokeleon,
Can you even find her birthplace on a map?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 08:33 am
@Bokeleon,
Who cares. Why do you insist on separating people?

An athlete is an athlete. Period.

Get over it.
0 Replies