Green Bay Packers Fan Club

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 01:51 pm
I know at least timber is a fellow Packer Backer, but I think I've seen mention of a few others. The Pack have been soooooooo fun to watch this year, and as playoffs loom, I'd love to talk about 'em.

Wasn't yesterday's game great?? The commentators kept saying how boring it was, but I loved it. 13 degree windchill old fashioned Lambeau football. With occasional flashes of brilliance.

The sozlet has been duly indoctrinated, and yesterday said, unprompted, "Brett throws the football to Donnie!" She also loves yelling "Bubbbbbaaaaa!" when Mr. Franks does something noteworthy. That's in addition to doing the "touchdown" signal, "holding", and a few others. Very Happy

Anyway, do you think they can make it to the Superbowl this year? I think they can if they get homefield advantage, but not sure if Tampa Bay or Philly will be accommodating.

Edit: "foortball" --> "football." Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,648 • Replies: 14
No top replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 02:06 pm
I only watch one or two football games per season. But I root for Green Bay (Los Empacadores de la Bahía Verde).

I'm with them, since I watched how they turned over a game against the Rams, in 1967-68.

I was a Packer when Bart Starr was QB.
A Packer when Bret Favre is QB
And, yes, a Packer when David Whitehurst was QB.
Count me in.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 02:12 pm
That's a Packer of long standing! Good for you. I'm not exactly fair-weather but I got on board at just the right time; namely, one year before the appearance of Brett. (Had moved to Madison in '89, retained a stubborn Vikings allegiance for a few years, realized the Vikes sucked and I didn't even like 'em much, switched over when it was still Majik [remember him? oy].)

I own stock, too. Very Happy
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 02:21 pm
The Vikes played beautifully two or three seasons ago. Now they are where they should be.

The only team I hate is the Dallas Cowboys. Couldn't bear the propaganda and could not stand Tom Landry.
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 11:08 pm
Hey, I live in Packer backer land so I kind of have to like them. I will however bet against them to win a bet against my hubby.
His eyes are glued to the T.V. screen when the Packers play.
The Pack is back again! I imagine they will be in the playoffs.
The Superbowl? Only time will tell. There are a few other great teams out there.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 12:06 am
some packer fans wear those funny things on their heads....what is it they call themselves?...is it packer heads? Smile

Just kidding. their a team with a terrific tradition...and Favre is awesome.
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 08:11 am
They call themseles "cheeseheads", not packerheads.
I've never put anything orange on my head.
Another thing that is big here in packerland is tailgating at football games.
Is that popular everywhere else too?
I' m by no means a diehard Packers fan. I haven't even made it to one of their home games. We did manage to go to one of their inter squad scrimages awhile back.
It would be much easier to bundle up and take the drive to see a Badger game, then a Packer game.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 09:32 am
(jjorge talking to himself) 'What good is a pun if nobody's gonna groan!!?'
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 09:55 am
My son lives in Green Bay and I have visited there during football season. All I can say is that the people there live and breathe Packer Football. I am sure that if the packers beat the Jets this Sunday the phone will ring off the hook. <Gloat>
For all you Packer fans what else does Green Bay have but the Packers to shout about, talking about in the world of sports only.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 10:37 am
jjorge, I groaned! Loud! Long! (I actually had a cheesehead for a while in the Superbowl season, but I admit to getting rid of it -- the stuff they make it out of smells funny.)

Goldie, Green Bay is just a nice little Midwestern community, which is awfully proud of its Packers for good reason. Not sure if I would want to live there, but glad it exists.

Keeping everything crossed in hopes that they beat the Jets -- REALLY want homefield advantage...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 10:50 am
sozobe
I could never live there the winters are to cold. I should note that for children growing up it is a great place to live. There are all sorts of activities for the young. Many of which I understand are sponsored and supported by the Packers.
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 09:31 pm
You can forget about that home field advantage, and so can the Packers.
They sure didn't play very well today. The Jets on the other hand had all the spark, and had something to play for, which they did, and did it well.
I'm not feeling so proud to admit I live in cheesehead land tonight. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 10:27 pm
I love 'em anyway. Sad, but love 'em. Donald Driver getting knocked out of the game so early didn't help one bit. Brett always starts out jittery then settles down, especially when he has favorite targets like Donald around to help him. I think everyone was really thrown by that.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 08:36 am
And now It's on to an all NY super bowl.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 05:10 pm
Yo!

Anyone here who wants a cheesehead, say the word.

A pic:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040104/capt.mag10301042009.seahawks_packers_mag103.jpg
0 Replies