How accurate are the android phone Facebook messenger locations?

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 06:38 am
How accurate are the android phone Facebook messenger locations? My boyfriend told me he went on a trip, but when he facebook messaged me, his location was not even listed in the country he was supposed to be in. Is that possibly a mistake or is Facebook locator pretty accurate and I am getting played?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 5,433 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 07:26 am
@katieM811,
Possibly? Yes, maybe he checked in someplace on his android phone and just typed the wrong location.
katieM811

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 07:38 am
@jcboy,
Thank you for your response. The only reason I am sketchy about it, is because it was during our messenger chat sessions. It came up each time for a day and a half as in WI (multiple locations in WI, not constantly the same location) when he was supposed to be in Nassau, Bahamas. I am not exactly sure how the Facebook locator works for chat messages, so I am confused about what is going on.
jcboy

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 08:05 am
@katieM811,
I’d rather be in Nassau, Bahamas then Wi Razz

It could be nothing to worry about. One time I checked in while at a restaurant, this was a chain restaurant and I clicked on the wrong location and there I was in Washington State and I was actually in Florida.
0 Replies