Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 03:47 pm
It almost seems as though our Motorola Droid is getting left out in the cold. We've been waiting for an OS update (android 2.1) for weeks now and still nothing from Verizon, Motorola or even Google (who said that it would be available within days for the Motorola Droid).

Now, I read that the Nexus One just received multi-touch!

http://gizmodo.com/5462591/google-nexus-one-gets-multitouch-google-goggles-and-3g-fix-via-ota-update-now

Granted, we may receive this same update, but when will it happen??? Sorry if I'm feeling impatient, but I remember Verizon giving up support on other phones (Dare) when the latest/greatest phone from is released.

Just my two-cents...

Jstwondrng
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,555 • Replies: 3
No top replies

YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 04:59 pm
@jstwondrng,
That was the first thing I thought of, too. Does sound a bit like our Dares. Bit they were done wrong by Verizon, where I think this may be Google. With the 3G issues and some other hiccups, the Nexus One has been kind of a disappointment, so maybe Google was feeling the heat and shifted all their focus on that. But they need to show us the love and get us caught up soon.
The Chief

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 05:37 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
Yeah, I'm starting to feel "Dared" too, especially now that January 22nd and February 1st have come and gone, with nary a peep from the Powers That Be. I am still hopeful that all the work they have put into porting the 2.1 to the Droid will come to fruition and we will see it soon; then again, maybe those couple of glitches are impossible to overcome.

If I knew for certain that we weren't going to get 2.1, I would go ahead with rooting and load Bugless Beast and be done with it. But I hold out like almost everyone else, and wait.
jstwondrng

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 07:08 pm
@The Chief,
Yeah, I hate to sound paranoid, but Verizon's track record doesn't give me the warm & fuzzies. Even T-Mobile gave their customers an eta date on receipt of android 2.1 update for their line of phones.
0 Replies