Phone's Alarm Function Didn't Make a Sound This Morning

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2023 03:20 pm
1. Slept through first alarm this morning.
2. Woke up 20 minutes before backup alarm when went off. All phone did was vibrate.

3. This afternoon, set my usual 30 minute time to time my lunch break (in order to sign back into work). Just vibrated.

So the culprit is a corrupt Android Clock app. Please note the following details before you ask if the alarm volume is muted.
Phone:
Pixel 6
Operating system:
Android 13, up to date as of July 5th and no new os updates.
AND YES...
Alarm volume is maxed out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 809 • Replies: 9
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by tsarstepan
roger

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2023 03:52 pm
Yep. My alarm doesn't wake me up either. That, or I can hit the snooze button in my sleep.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2023 04:00 pm
@roger,
Wish it was that simple. I can say I haven't hit the snooze button at all this year. Plus I was wide awake for my backup alarm time and could see it just go off on vibrate mode.
0 Replies

thack45
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2023 04:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
Is the clock consistently not playing alarm sound?

Is the clock app up to date?

Have you taken an update of the app recently?

The phone may just need a reboot and/or cache cleared. Or the app may need updated. Conversely, if it was updated recently, that could be the issue. Assuming it's a system app, you can uninstall updates to revert the app to the version originally installed on your Pixel.

To get to the app's settings screen: Settings>Apps & notifications>See all apps>Choose Clock. Tap the menu icon top right and there is the option to uninstall updates. Select Storage & cache to.. clear the cache.

If the problem isn't constant, it's gonna be a pita to troubleshoot. You could also disable the app and download a third party one, but I'd be concerned about reliability, considering how aggressive Android is with memory management.
engineer

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2023 05:04 pm
Android has a "do not disturb" feature that I use at night to prevent texts and emails from disturbing me. It could be that is on.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2023 08:03 am
@thack45,

Is the clock consistently not playing alarm sound?
Never happened before yesterday.
Is the clock app up to date?
I update all my apps on a weekly basis.
Have you taken an update of the app recently?
Weirdly enough. No.

Quote:

The phone may just need a reboot and/or cache cleared.

This may have been the solution. I found on a reddit page a mention to clear the clock app's cache. Worked after I rebooted the phone after clearing the app's cache.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2023 08:04 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Android has a "do not disturb" feature that I use at night to prevent texts and emails from disturbing me. It could be that is on.

The issue was settled. And I never use the Do Not Disturb feature. I always turn off the wifi and keep my phone in airplane mode when I go to sleep or at the movies, etc....
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2023 01:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Quote:

This may have been the solution. I found on a reddit page a mention to clear the clock app's cache. Worked after I rebooted the phone after clearing the app's cache.

That was short lived. The problem is literally back again. Even though it worked this morning.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2023 01:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

tsarstepan wrote:

Quote:

That was short lived. The problem is literally back again. Even though it worked this morning.

NOW LITERALLY NO SOUND IS WORKING ON MY PHONE.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2023 07:58 am
UPDATE:
Went to the Google Store yesterday after work. They suspect its something to do with a broken connection between the phone's motherboard and the speaker or the motherboard altogether.

Going back tonight and to leave it with them to fix overnight. Think it's covered by Google's version of Applecare.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Phone's Alarm Function Didn't Make a Sound This Morning
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 04:15:59