3
   

Psychology: young science? or social parasiticism?

 
 
Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 03:39 pm
Psychology today is parasitic on human nature, undermining ("pathologising") all natural healing mechanisms to further a financially viable corporate model of health.

Psychology and its children, sch as brain-based psychiatry, presents no new knowledge of human experience or nature. This is hardly surprising for it is a reductionist enterprise that merely translates our given, natural knowledge of human nature into different languages - whether that language be physicalist (mind is brain), or socio-political as the social, moral discourse of "mental condition", "disorder", "chemical imbalance".

America is the nation most affected by the hard-sell of corporate disease mongering and superstition. Vulnerable individuals become willing victims to the greatest superstition of our age. Millions suffer or meet premature deaths through the clinical activities of the biggest cult in the world today - chemical possession - sponsored in most part by the DSM as the mental condition or chemical imbalance.

The "chemical imbalance" or "condition" is a phrase intended to dupe even the professionals. It employs the superstition of a part-time chemical determinism or possession, akin to spirit possession, where some chemicals in the brain (called "conditions" or "imbalances") mysteriously control us while other chemicals do not.

These phrases are also moral, social censures, intended to support the political, religious and secular status quo. This is achieved through the application of an obscurantism, a logical circularity that convinces people that they need corporate, clinical help. Here, the big sell is that the brain indicates what is experientially or socially healthy through the certainty of physical measurement. The brain-scan explanation, as with all so-called psychological or psychiatric diagnoses, fools all; for it is the experience that, after all, brings significance to our measurements.

Psychology is a black spot on human affairs. Built on superstition and fear, it will succumb to the erosion of history and be replaced, and forgotten in its entirety, by yet another superstition.

But for now, may we wish the universities, clinics, corporations, and professionals associated with this vile enterprise complete failure in their endeavors.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,235 • Replies: 11
No top replies

 
Lustig Andrei
 
  2  
Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 04:36 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
I'm amazed that they allow you access to a computer where you're confined. What do you type with? Your nose? Must be tough, with that four-point restraint jacket and everything.
0 Replies
 
contrex
 
  1  
Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:00 pm
He can't even spell parasitism, or find it in a dictionary. He probably works in a kebab shop in Tonypandy or Magor or somewhere like that.
0 Replies
 
JohnJonesCardiff
 
  1  
Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:14 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
Some great comments there. I reject everything I said in my original post.
So thankful.
vikorr
 
  1  
Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 03:32 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
Have you never noticed the affect drugs have on a persons mental state? There is absolutely no superstition about that. Drugs are chemicals.

Do you know anything at all about schizophrenia? Obviously not an iota - for the difference between a schizophrenic properly medicated, and one not, is remarkable when related to normality.

You've obviously never experienced a person suffering severe delusions, who when properly medicated says to you 'I didn't even realised I was suffering such severe delusions'

Perhaps you've never experienced a person in a Roid Rage.

But how can you reach the age in your picture and not notice the affect of our internal chemicals, which can also be known as hormones - seriously - you've never noticed the affect on mood of womens monthly cycle? You deny the effects of oestrogen and testosterone?

All that said - I rather agree with some sentiments...so many of the newer breed of 'mental disorders' strike me as being made up so that pharmacies can medicate people...but your sermon comes across as rather delusional.
JohnJonesCardiff
 
  1  
Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 05:01 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

Have you never noticed the affect drugs have on a persons mental state? There is absolutely no superstition about that. Drugs are chemicals.

Do you know anything at all about schizophrenia? Obviously not an iota - for the difference between a schizophrenic properly medicated, and one not, is remarkable when related to normality.

You've obviously never experienced a person suffering severe delusions, who when properly medicated says to you 'I didn't even realised I was suffering such severe delusions'

Perhaps you've never experienced a person in a Roid Rage.

But how can you reach the age in your picture and not notice the affect of our internal chemicals, which can also be known as hormones - seriously - you've never noticed the affect on mood of womens monthly cycle? You deny the effects of oestrogen and testosterone?

All that said - I rather agree with some sentiments...so many of the newer breed of 'mental disorders' strike me as being made up so that pharmacies can medicate people...but your sermon comes across as rather delusional.


All of the so-called acute mental states or illnesses have been encountered in LSD therapy, simple breathing techniques, or inner focusing, and are always healing in the modality of support. What you describe are the same natural responses in a non-supportive (psychological) modality.

Psychology propaganda corals natural healing responses as pathology. I have not been affected by this propaganda as much as you, and most others, have.
vikorr
 
  1  
Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 02:43 am
@JohnJonesCardiff,
Actually - everything I said there was from direct experience / observation. Sorry buddy, no propaganda but first hand knowledge.

Simple fact is, you obviously have limited experience in the area you sermonising about...you are ignorant about a number of things, and wish to blame propaganda for facts that disagree with your beliefs.

I'm curious how you came across your beliefs.
JohnJonesCardiff
 
  1  
Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 04:49 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

Actually - everything I said there was from direct experience / observation. Sorry buddy, no propaganda but first hand knowledge.

Simple fact is, you obviously have limited experience in the area you sermonising about...you are ignorant about a number of things, and wish to blame propaganda for facts that disagree with your beliefs.

I'm curious how you came across your beliefs.


They aren't beliefs. They are direct experience as well as logical considerations.
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 06:29 am
Psychologists make people go "WOO-WOO" and hide in the closet.
JohnJonesCardiff
 
  1  
Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 06:33 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Psychologists make people go "WOO-WOO" and hide in the closet.

You are the only one here making these sounds.
0 Replies
 
vikorr
 
  1  
Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 01:37 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
Sorry mate, if you think your beliefs are from direct experience, you're living in cuckoo land.

A few aspects of your beliefs actually have a point, but many of them are simply, and so very obviously false and ignorant.
JohnJonesCardiff
 
  1  
Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 04:21 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

Sorry mate, if you think your beliefs are from direct experience, you're living in cuckoo land.

A few aspects of your beliefs actually have a point, but many of them are simply, and so very obviously false and ignorant.


As I said, I've been around. This is direct knowledge.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

New Propulsion, the "EM Drive" - Question by TomTomBinks
The Science Thread - Discussion by Wilso
Why do people deny evolution? - Question by JimmyJ
Are we alone in the universe? - Discussion by Jpsy
Fake Science Journals - Discussion by rosborne979
Controvertial "Proof" of Multiverse! - Discussion by littlek
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Psychology: young science? or social parasiticism?
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/27/2021 at 02:58:25