ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 08:21 pm
Hello, New Haven.

I'm quite fond of your tag line.
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 10:20 pm
Hi, Gautam...Welcome!

I just got here a couple of days ago, and everyone treats everyone with respect...It's a nice change! I think you'll like it here a lot.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 10:28 pm
a Gautam and Matrix sighting, all in one post! how utterly marvellous!
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 11:16 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 10:39 am
Welcome Gautam and Matrix!
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 07:42 pm
Thanks, Lightwizard! Very Happy
0 Replies

Aa

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 12:15 am
Bandylu, you noticed that I've moved from hatchling status to Newbie. Drat! I was hoping to remain a hatchling for a long time. But as ehBeth said, "We made Aa talk" (destroying my cherished hatchling status). That's odd - people generally don't complain about my not talking.

My next developmental tasks here will be to learn how to run riotously across the painterly palette of hues and shades, daubing my words in combinations of the poorest possible taste. And to fill in the Avatar section. I'm toying with the idea of using a photo from a National Geographic cover, but I have to find it first. Maybe you've seen the very cranky bluebird.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 12:20 am
Aa
You know we love you and love to hear from you!
0 Replies

Aa

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 12:26 am
husker,

May I quote you on that? -- Aw, shucks, gosh-a-mighty, thanks for yore purty words. That should give me sweet dreams. One of my favorite quotations is from Mark Twain: "I can live on a good compliment two weeks with nothing else to eat."
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 07:23 am
Aa - wonderful to see you here, talking and starting to explore. There have been a number of good threads on use of colours etc - i'll try to find you the link to the discussion Phoenix, Setanta and piffka had earlier in the week on the subject - it was very helpful (not the official FAQ, but a fun demonstration)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 07:58 am
a fun and helpful thread on posting in colour
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 08:00 am
errrrrr - click on the post above to get to the thread
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 08:41 am
Aa:

To say that I for one am happy to see you here is a fractional representation. There are many who are delighted that you've signed on; I just happen to be one of 'em.

Welcome aboard, ole pard!

Quote:
I have had a "call" to literature, of a low order --i.e. humorous. It is nothing to be proud of, but it is my strongest suit ... seriously scribbling to excite the laughter of God's creatures.

....Mark Twain
Letter to Orion and Mary Clemens, October 19, 1865
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 09:47 pm
Never seen the cranky bluebird, but here's an angry one.
Will he do?

http://www.wildprint.com/bbimages/mbbpo.jpg
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 09:59 pm
Hi, Aa...everyone!

I'm so glad you're here Very Happy ! It's been a little weird navigating between Abuzz and this site...I like this one MUCH better, but there are still so many good friends at Abuzz...especially on the Rainforest threads. Once everyone (nice) gets here, it will be perfect!

I went to Abuzz last night. after playing around on A2K for a couple of hours, and I really couldn't believe the difference. I knew there were a lot of rude, etc., beings at Abuzz, but I guess they didn't really stand out until I'd been here. It was definitely an eye-opener!

I checked out the thread on color, font size, etc., that ehBeth has referred you to last night, and it was great! When I have more time, I'm going to try out what I learned.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 11:28 pm
Matrix500 ~ Welcome!

I'm the daughter of an Abuzzer.....I tried it, but never felt comfortable there. I appreciate everything you had to say about Able2know. I love this place, just as much as I loved Raven's Realm. Craven has done a terrific job, as well as jespah and fishin.

I look forward to seeing you around.

Rae
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 02:49 am
Hello there everyone. This sure is a great place :-D I can get use to this :-D
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 06:50 pm
For better or worse I am in your midsts.
0 Replies