welcoming new members

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 02:04 pm
Re: some and any
sonny wrote:
I have some daults about some and any

E ai, como vai? Sou Americano mas morei em Brasil bastante tempo. Se voce esta procurando ajuda com Ingles use este link:

Cliquar aqui para perguntar sobre Ingles

Trabalhei como professor de Ingles em Brasil e estou disposto a te ajudar.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 02:17 pm
Hey, Craven, What's with this foreign language? LOL c.i.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 02:20 pm
sonny is asking a question about the English language and nobody else seemed to get it. I noticed that it was posted from Brazil and it's possibly an ex student or a student of one of the teachers who I used to work with.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 03:02 pm
When you ride up to the A2K Saloon, you just get off your horse, hitch it to the gas pump, sidle up to the nearest and purtiest little gall you can find and offer to buy her a class of milk. She might slap round the kisser but if her old man's there, he might let go with both barrels, right in your rump. But some of the guys are content just payin' hardball. Good job it's not a sittin down game.

Anyone wanna buy a used horse, one careless owner.
0 Replies

buster

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 03:33 am
Hiya everyone Exclamation Very Happy
Kinda stumbled over this forum whilst on a search for some info on the net.
Already the info I've gleamed from here has helped me.I am now(thanks to the 'how to post an image'tut)freely posting images here there and everywhere.
The amount of info and topics on the boards here is the most comprehensive I've ever seen.Looking forward to making some virtual pals
Very Happy
A little about myself,40 years old Crying or Very sad male,living in the region known as the Scottish Borders(southern).
Where's everyone else from?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 03:47 am
G'day Buster, welcome to A2K.

From Oz.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 04:09 am
Welcome to A2k buster! I'm in infamous Florida, the Sunstroke State. I was just bragging elsewhere on A2k about my day on the Old Course, St. Andrews, Scotland (a few years ago). Shot a 65. On the front nine. Slightly lower on the back nine. Laughing

Good to have you here - its a great site.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 06:20 am
Welcome, Buster!
You're in good company here. We're a very international group. Brits, Yanks, South Sea Islanders. Even some Texans!
0 Replies

buster

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 07:53 am
thanx for the warm n friendly welcome Very Happy everyone.
Wow,it really is an ethnically and geographicaly diverse spread on here eh.
LarryBS wrote:
I was just bragging elsewhere on A2k about my day on the Old Course, St. Andrews, Scotland (a few years ago). Shot a 65. On the front nine. Slightly lower on the back nine. Laughing

quote]difficult course that one Larry Exclamation
I still play a bit on my local links course(Goswick)but my all time consuming passion now is trout fishing on the fly,simply love it for the relaxation element alone.I only do catch and release though.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 10:17 am
Welcome, buster, or should we just call you Stella? :wink:

[size=7](of course, if you change your avatar, everyone will just think i'm loony, again)[/size]
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 10:29 am
Just want to say wowdy to stike, sonny, and buster ... Welcome aboard. If you'd like help figuring out the bells and whistles around here (and there are a lot of them), down at the bottom of my posts are color-formatted links which will take you to The FAQ page and to the Help Forum. Go ahead and prowl around, enjoy yourselves. See ya out there on the boards.

timber
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 03:18 pm
Howdy buster, Your token Texan here giving you a regular downhome welcome.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 04:20 pm
danon, How does "a regular downhome welcome" differ from any other welcome? Do you stomp your cowboy boots, and holler "welcome!" Just curious. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 01:13 am
Welcome Buster, you will find lots of people happy to see you here. I know a few people on the site are either from Scotland originally, or are interested in its history...and lots of people here love beer. Lot of mixed ages and interests and political opinions. Some of us golf or have golfed, or have had a golfing episode. Me, I shot a hole in one once, at a pitch and putt course (Rancho Park, home of LA open); unfortunately I missed the ball entirely on the first try.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 11:45 am
Hey osso, About four life times ago, I did par on a pitch and put (par 3) course. Haven't kept up with golf, so I'd probably play with about a 100 percent handicap on a regular course. LOL c.i.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 04:13 am
Welcome Yunus my friend !!

We have our first member from Turkey, my favorite country !! Yipppeeeeeee
0 Replies

yunus

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 05:37 am
hey.. ( As usual )
hi mate..thanks for the welcome
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 05:39 am
Gautam, are you psychic?

Welcome yunus.
0 Replies

yunus

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 05:42 am
hey
thanks wilso..
gautam..
still working ?
Smile)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 05:44 am
Work ? Moi ? When Cricket is happening ?

No chance !!
0 Replies