welcoming new members

the prince

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 05:38 am
<turns green with envy because all the women are going gaa gaa over KP now, instead of me before he turned up>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 05:49 am
Did someone suggest STOAT was here !!!??? We ignore ALL other mins for STOAT!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 06:28 am
KP mate - we have to keep a lookout for stoat eh ???
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 06:34 am
I haven't seen a Stoat here.

No weasels or ferrets, either!

I'll keep an eye out.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 10:38 am
Signed up..have yet to see a post....

tapping foot gently while waiting
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 10:56 am
Did I hear "stoat?" That would be nice if he were to join us here. c.i.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 10:57 am
Satt is here from Abuzz!

Welcom to Satt!!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 03:52 pm
I've been in touch with Here Comes Everybody (I think Letty has, too), but have received no reply. He is signed on, but doesn't post.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 05:11 pm
I was browsing through the A2K membership list the other day, and found that over 80 percent seems to be inactive. I think it's nice to try to recruit new folks on to A2K, but not if they only sign up to disappear. c.i.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 05:16 pm
c.i.- I don't think that you can do too much about that, especially if the person is unknown to us. There are a lot of people who will subscribe to a lot of stuff on the internet, and never follow thru. I have joined a number of sites, did not care for what I saw, and left immediately.

I have been sending welcoming PMs to people. In the beginning, I would send them out to almost everybody. I found that many remained in my "outbox", which meant that they were never read. Now I wait until the person has posted, before I take the time to welcome them!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 05:32 pm
I miss some of our old Abuzz friends, but I don't have access to Abuzz anymore, so I'm "stuck" with A2K. Smile c.i.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 05:35 pm
c.i.- Why can't you get into Abuzz? I take a look-see all the time!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 05:50 pm
Something about my email address not being mine. They claim it belongs to somebody else! Can you imagine? ;( c.i.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 06:05 pm
Abuzz continues to suffer. Not much participation. And the jerks are still doing their thing.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 06:37 pm
Thanks for the update, angie. I see I'm not missing much. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 09:16 pm
c.i.- Angie is right. The only time that I put my two cents in Abuzz is when some poor newbie asks a factual question, and no one answers him. The difference between Abuzz and A2K is amazing.

If you REALLY are curious, why don't you open another account? It doesn't even have to be a real one (that is part of the problem on that site). You could put [email protected] and it would "take"!
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 10:31 pm
You're right, phoenix. I have a friend who thinks that one of the multiples there is using his cellmates adresses.

It's too bad - such potential. I still drop in - mostly to check on a couple of threads because they make me laugh - they're not funny in the least, they're so dumb.

CI - why not try that address and let us know?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2003 11:36 pm
mama, It works! I snuk in with a new moniker, taxi22. It was kind of fun, going to some favorite forums on Abuzz. Didn't recognize 95 percent of the names, but I left my footprint in some of them discussions. It's almost like a ghost town though, because even the Most Active show Average Response Time as N/A. Nothing like the old Abuzz I knew and loved. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 05:14 am
c.i.,

That's why I eventually gave up on it and came here. I felt a certain sense of 'loyalty' to abuzz. Then realised that it was the people who made it special (at one time). Most of those people are now here.

So I'm happy with a2k !!!

KP
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 06:56 am
Kitchenpete- If you check some of the old "General" threads, there was a very long one called "Abuzz Guilt". A lot of people felt that they had abandoned a sinking ship. Looking at Abuzz now, there was little left to abandon.

P.S. I just found it:

Link to Abuzz Guilt Thread
0 Replies