welcoming new members

timberlandko

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 08:47 pm
Well, I see I should be paying more attention to this thread. The past week has brought several familiar names to A2K. I stumbled into this site a little while back, and have eagerly awaited the results of a sort of "Controlled Membership Drive" as the site got up and running. It has become a personal favorite. The interactions are at worst better than most on any number of other boards. Active moderation has a powerful civilizing effect. I look forward to resuming older freindships and making newer ones. Welcome to the new members, and Seasonally Appropriate Best Wishes to all.

timber
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 10:13 pm
Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends....

Sorry, was channeling Emerson, Lake & Palmer there. :-D

Welcome!!!!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 10:30 pm
"what a lucky man he was"
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 11:11 pm
Eee jes I love ELP. And welcome back timberlandko my Turkey Day hero.
0 Replies

Zahid

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 12:36 am
Greetings!
Hi all. Newbie here, testing this thing out. Happy Holidays, everyone. Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 12:40 am
Zahid, Welcome to A2K. Hope to see you around often. c.i.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 02:10 am
Hi Zahid! Looks like you passed the test. Laughing

Happy Holidays to you too!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 08:45 am
Welcome, Zahid! :-D
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 09:47 am
Welcome to Zahid, who i only know through photos. Photos of a good time! Welcome!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 11:02 am
Photos? What photos?

Welcome, Zahid!!!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 09:42 pm
Zahid, welcome to A2K! Set yourself down, what would you like to drink, so tell us about yourself:)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 12:46 am
eoe and Zahid - welcome!

CI - eoe = errors and omissions excepted! I thought that was an old accounting term. Confused
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 12:48 am
Learn me something about my own trade, will you Margo. Well, at least I had heard of error and omission insurance.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 01:03 pm
Abuzz is dead this morning.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 01:19 pm
cjhsa, Are you still 'very' active on Abuzz? How has the activity trend been during the past couple of months? What's the most popular forum on Abuzz today? Do you still see many of the Abuzz old timers active? c.i.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 02:31 pm
Well, Abuzz has really degenerated in the last couple of months. Lots of people have migrated here and not gone back. Most of the discussions are political cut & pastes, which apparently a group of die hards seems to feel is the proper way to use the forum.

Then there's the one I refer to as the "Port-o-potty" who seems to be determined to show the world that there is only one Republican on Abuzz going by about a hundred different screen names. His or her act is getting old as they are nothing more than a stalker. Plus we all know that there are a couple extremists on both sides that have been using multiple names for a long time, so it's old news. Not that I'm some right winger, I guess I just lean towards the conservative threads.

Once in awhile there's a valid question, quite often from a newbie, who will never acknowledge your response. But what can you do?

Anyway, Abuzz had been fairly stable lately, until this morning. I hadn't been there since Friday so I don't really know when it died. I still prefer the Abuzz interface over A2K, but I'm getting better at this site.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 06:34 pm
Abuzz was down last night when I tried to get in. Haven't even tried today...yet.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 06:44 pm
Still is on my 'puter Merry!
0 Replies

chun chun

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 05:43 am
A wandering soul has once again found home!
Thank you, Vincent, for directing me to the able2know site!......and, thank you, JerryR, for thinking of me!........I was really feeling sort of lost because all of the people I'd had sooo much fun with, had dissappeared.....I had very little activity going on in Abuzz, and I was feeling abandoned!.....My spirits have been uplifted......I can feel the culinary juices beginning to flow!!.....It truly IS the season to rejoice!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 08:56 am
Hi there chun chun! Welcome!
0 Replies