Father needs help in Florida court at 1:45 pm 12 17 2013

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 08:04 pm
im in florida a girl just had my baby she failed a drug test and wants me to take the kid she had him on the 14th gave him my last name but no one is on the birth certificate she originally told dcf and hospital it was my brothers baby but again he is not on the birth certificate her parents are trying to get the baby he has a brother with them that is going back to his father this week and they want to place him with him in order to keep them together can i go sign the birth certificate and prevent this help please out of time
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 701 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 08:27 pm
You're not going to want to hear this but you should get a lawyer.

THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE. All of the services' content, including postings, is for informational purposes only. The service is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal advice, and no attorney/client privilege is to be inferred from any postings herein. Always seek the advice of a qualified legal professional with questions you have regarding a legal matter. You should not disregard professional legal advice because of something you have received from or read in the able2know service.
Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 08:59 pm
yeah i expected that ive been going through the laws on these things and i see some things saying that if im in court and say im the father and she dont contest it which she wont i should be granted custody i cant afford a attorney my family we are middle class and the last few years have been hard we can adjust for a child fine we have a nice townhouse we work we can provide for a child there is a lot of love in our family but we dont have 3 grand to hand over to a lawyer tomorrow
Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 09:29 am
From what you have described and the time frame, what would be wrong with the grandparents getting temporary custody now?

You can always petition the court later to ask for custody. It sounds like you have some work to do. Sit down with the mother and express your desire to have the child, get your legal parentage set up and be able to show the court that you have the ways and means to support this child. You will have to prove that you are the father, too; not just her saying you are. All that takes time.
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » Father needs help in Florida court at 1:45 pm 12 17 2013
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/04/2023 at 04:48:10