It Appears to me

Tarantulas

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 03:08 am
Oh sure, people can protest against multiple causes. And if you watched any of the coverage of the anti-war protests, you could see people carrying signs that had nothing to to with the Iraq war. People here have a right to march in the streets and carry signs protesting multiple targets. And I support their freedom of speech to do so. But my point is that they could have made a greater impact had they coordinated their protests against the people who attacked us and their supporters rather than the people who were trying to keep us safe against attack.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 03:08 am
I wonder if there were any John 3:16 signs.....
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 03:11 am
Tarantulas wrote:
But my point is that they could have made a greater impact had they coordinated their protests against the people who attacked us and their supporters rather than the people who were trying to keep us safe against attack.

But while they're trying to keep us safe from attacks they are making us more vulnerable. Also, the war against terror has cost more lives than the terrorist acts themselves. So if you know this is happening it's an Americans duty to speak up about it.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 06:50 am
Hitler also believed in his agendas. My point there is that mere belief in something does not make it a good thing to do.

Bush has been in office long enough for people to see if his "beliefs" work for all people of which he is supposed to be leading not just those who have beliefs like him.

If Clinton ran by polls then that means that he was doing what most of America wanted which is what he is supposed to do up to a point. However, I don't think that is actually true he was for quite a number of things that a lot of people did not support in the beginning if ever. Gays in the military being the first one that comes to mind. People were not for his budget thing that he barely got passed with the deciding vote of Gore which after that we some pretty good years. On his watch medicare reform took place which is something his own party was leary about which led to a lot of welfare recipients going into work force.

On the other hand, what has Bush done with his beliefs that has turned out well for everyone not just a select few?
0 Replies

saintsfanbrian

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 06:59 am
saintsfanbrian wrote:
Keep fighting the good fight McGentrix.

Edit (Moderator): Link and solicitation removed.

I see so if you link to something that is in the Status Quo it's okay but if you link to people that are against your ideas then you remove it. I was giving a person a place to go where they could talk about guns with like minded individuals and you remove the link. Where is the freedom of speech in that? I am not the owner of nor do I pay dues to that site and you remove it? That is rediculous. I think I have spent my last minute on this site and you can remove me from your member list.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 07:31 am
saintsfanbrian: On your way out, you might want to read the TOS.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 07:36 am
It is common for a mod to remove certain links. I wasn't aware of it being in the TOS, and I haven't ever actually figured out which links get removed, but I wouldn't let THAT be the reason to leave.
0 Replies

saintsfanbrian

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 07:46 am
I also don't see where I was soliciting visitation. I posted a link that if one wanted to follow they could. I suggested it to a fellow gun owner. It was nothing that violated the terms of service.

"The Topics shall be used only in a non-promotional manner. You shall not, without the express approval of Able2Know, distribute or otherwise publish in the service any content which contains (i) offers to buy or sell goods or services; (ii) advertising; or (iii) commercial solicitations of any kind. Examples of prohibited solicitations include efforts to obtain funds or services from members and attempts to recruit members to participate in research studies, polls, surveys or lawsuits. Promotional postings are not limited to commercial promotions and all are equally forbidden. You may not post links to your site or use Able2Know for promotional purposes (both commercial and non-commercial) unless you have been granted an exception by the site administrators."

The site I linked to does not sell items, does have surveys (of the type here at able2know) is not encouraging anyone to start a lawsuit. It was a gun forum, for people to talk about guns. You don't have to like them but it was a link to their site if you wanted to go. So don't tell me about the terms of service. I have seen links on this page to people selling things and they don't get removed.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 08:38 am
Ask the moderators Saints. It may have been a simple misunderstanding. We would hate to lose you.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 05:57 pm
Craven writes:
Quote:
Can there not be valid criticism of multiple targets (each deserving to varying degrees)?

Of course there can be valid criticism of multiple targets. But sometimes it is prudent to discern and choose a side; i.e. the side that is most right.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 06:03 pm
I guess I'm left to anticipating the day that you understand that what you think is "most right" is a subjective matter and that others can feel differently without it being an "irrational" manefestation of "ABB".

You imply that choosing to criticize the Administrations's policy is to side with terrorists there, and that is simply a false premise.
0 Replies