Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 05:13 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: You have understood the question right from the beginning. It is a tough question for people like you

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Stick-answer_zps870b8bea.png~original
Look mate, when somebody asked Isaac Asimov "what would happen if an iresistible force met an immoveable object?", Asimov replied "The question makes no sense and therefore requires no answer".
Likewise, your question "Is God important?" makes no sense, which is why I patiently invited you to re-phrase it and flesh it out a bit.
Alternatively go sit in a sunday school class and ask the kids to try to answer it for you..Smile

When you are losing the debate, the thing to do is to post pictures suggesting that your opponent is losing the debate...

...which, of course, is what you are doing.

You suggested that the OT (with its god) was not necessary for Christianity. You even quoted Paul suggesting that the god of the OT was not as important as Jesus...despite the fact that Jesus never even came close to intimating that.

I have asked you if the god Jesus worshiped is important. (There was no New Testament at that time, the god Jesus worshiped was completely the product of Hebrew scripture which at some point became the Old Testament)

You've batted this around long enough...and the clown act is tiresome. You cannot deal reasonably with this issue, and rather than simply acknowledging that, you continue the clown act.

The question makes plenty of sense...and you apparently realize that...which is probably the reason for the act.
fresco

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 01:11 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, the question only "makes sense" in terms of exposing Romeo's idiosyncratic view of Christianity. But you already "know" that religious detail is arbitrary . What you don't understand is that simplistic logicality has no chance against the personal integrity dependent on belief systems. And that implies that all personal integrity, including yours and mine, is a synthetic product of...and a functional reaction to... experience.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 06:12 am
Quote:
Romeo quoted: "The law brought us to Christ like a schoolmaster, but now through Christ we are not under that schoolmaster" (Gal 3:22-25)

Neo pouted: You found the right passage..Then you obfuscated it with your buffoonery.

Just a minute mate i have to look something up-
WIKI- "Obfuscation (or beclouding) is the hiding of intended meaning in communication, making communication confusing, wilfully ambiguous, and harder to interpret"

Ah, now I see, you mush-for-brains JW's are having trouble understanding the "schoolmaster" verse..Smile
Sigh....the verse simply means Jesus trumps the Old T and its ancient outdated bits that the JW's feed off.

Learn- "In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent." (Acts 17:30)
Now go take your turn on the naughty step, Frank Apisa's been keeping it warm for you..Smile

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 06:31 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: The question ["is the god that Jesus worshiped important or not?] makes plenty of sense

I'm flattered that you come to me for enlightenment mate, just as the young devotee squats in reverence at the feet of his spiritual master to hang on his every word, so let me have another shot at answering it-

1- The OT God is the NT God.
2- He had to kick the butts of ancient heathen tribes to keep them in line.
3- But when people became a little more civilised and intelligent, he cut them some slack and sent Jesus to help coach them along the extra mile.

So yes, God is important, always has been, always will be..Smile

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 07:02 am
Quote:
Fresco said: ...Romeo's idiosyncratic view of Christianity.....arbitrary....simplistic logicality.....synthetic product...functional reaction

Wow mate I'm feeling queasy, there are more big words in there than the shite in the Macbeth witches cauldon! ...eye of newt...toe of frog..tongue of dog...adder’s fork... lizard’s leg....owlet’s wing,...

Let's take just one word, idiosyncratic-
Collins English Dictionary: "If you describe someone's actions or characteristics as idiosyncratic, you mean that they are rather unusual.."
http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/idiosyncratic

"Idio is ancient Greek for "one's own."
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/idiosyncratic

YES!!!..Smile
I'm certainly "unusual" and my own man because I'm non-denominational and my testicles are therefore free from the clammy hand of organised religion telling me what to say and think!
It's a nonconformist trait all we free-thinking true holy men share-
"Don't conform to the pattern of this world" (Romans 12:2)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 07:26 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Romeo quoted: "The law brought us to Christ like a schoolmaster, but now through Christ we are not under that schoolmaster" (Gal 3:22-25)

Neo pouted: You found the right passage..Then you obfuscated it with your buffoonery.

Just a minute mate i have to look something up-
WIKI- "Obfuscation (or beclouding) is the hiding of intended meaning in communication, making communication confusing, wilfully ambiguous, and harder to interpret"

Ah, now I see, you mush-for-brains JW's are having trouble understanding the "schoolmaster" verse..Smile
Sigh....the verse simply means Jesus trumps the Old T and its ancient outdated bits that the JW's feed off.

Learn- "In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent." (Acts 17:30)
Now go take your turn on the naughty step, Frank Apisa's been keeping it warm for you..Smile

Talk about "mush!"

Why are you quoting Paul about Jesus...rather than Jesus about Jesus?

Why do you Christians do that so often?

(Hint: Because you cannot get to where you want to go if you use Jesus...and often, if you do use Jesus, you will end up somewhere far away from where Paul goes.)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 07:32 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: The question ["is the god that Jesus worshiped important or not?] makes plenty of sense

I'm flattered that you come to me for enlightenment mate, just as the young devotee squats in reverence at the feet of his spiritual master to hang on his every word, so let me have another shot at answering it-

You ought to start quoting some of the things said in the Bible about "pride" and "arrogance", Romeo.

But I guess that would reflect poorly on this clown act that you seem to think is so important to your posts.

Actually, considering the content of your posts...you are probably correct that the clown bit is necessary.

Quote:
1- The OT God is the NT God.
2- He had to kick the butts of ancient heathen tribes to keep them in line.
3- But when people became a little more civilised and intelligent, he cut them some slack and sent Jesus to help coach them along the extra mile.

So yes, God is important, always has been, always will be..Smile

You would have been better off sticking with a simple "yes."

Explain how the god "kicked the butts of ancient heathen tribes" by telling them that it was moral and ethical to own and trade in slaves.

Tell me, since you are into all this guessing, do you think Jesus thought slavery was moral and ethical? And since Jesus was here to "coach them along the extra mile"...why do you suppose Jesus never spoke out against slavery?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 07:38 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

Frank, the question only "makes sense" in terms of exposing Romeo's idiosyncratic view of Christianity.

I think it "makes sense" in a lot more ways than that, Fresco.

We'll see where this leads.

Romeo's fake and forced pomposity can be off-putting, but there is the entertainment factor to consider. And more may come of the question than you think.
fresco

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 08:46 am
@Frank Apisa,
As you might expect Frank, I don't agree that any meaningful discussion is taking place here at all. Twaddle merely begets more twaddle. Romeo likes posting visuals, and you believe in your mission to expose beliefs. My original question to Neo regarding "the trilogy" had the possibility of being more than rhetorical if believers such as him were prepared to discuss the psychological advantages tripartite systems might offer over the failure of binary logicality, but that level of analysis is obviously too hazardous or too complex to contemplate for some.

So by all means, carry on talking past each other and leave the OP standing in the dust of hot air as you run your own agenda.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 09:12 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

As you might expect Frank, I don't agree that any meaningful discussion is taking place here at all. Twaddle merely begets more twaddle. Romeo likes posting visuals, and you believe in your mission to expose beliefs. My original question to Neo regarding "the trilogy" had the possibility of being more than rhetorical if believers such as him were prepared to discuss the psychological advantages tripartite systems might offer over the failure of binary logicality, but that level of analysis is obviously too hazardous or too complex to contemplate for some.

So by all means, carry on talking past each other and leave the OP standing in the dust of hot air as you run your own agenda.

Obviously you think anyone not sticking with your agenda is just wasting time...and is probably engaged in meaningless twaddle.

What can I say? If anyone in the forum should know about "meaningless twaddle"...it is you, Fresco.

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 12:01 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . . 3- But when people became a little more civilised and intelligent, he cut them some slack and sent Jesus to help coach them along the extra mile. . .
More civilized and intelligent?
Where do you come up with this?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2013 05:47 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Why are you quoting Paul about Jesus...rather than Jesus about Jesus?

Not sure i understand what you're getting at mate, Paul was singing from the same song sheet as Jesus, and when some people started trying to make Paul their main man he had to remind them-
"Follow Christ, not me, I wasn't crucified for you" (1 Cor 1:12/13)
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2013 06:13 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: You ought to start quoting some of the things said in the Bible about "pride" and "arrogance", Romeo.

Explain how the god "kicked the butts of ancient heathen tribes" by telling them that it was moral and ethical to own and trade in slaves.
Tell me, since you are into all this guessing, do you think Jesus thought slavery was moral and ethical? And since Jesus was here to "coach them along the extra mile"...why do you suppose Jesus never spoke out against slavery?

1- You want "pride and arrogance quotes mate, here ya go..Smile-
"..as a Christian, thank God you bear that name....that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (1 Peter 4:16, Col 4:12)
"As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, nobody in the regions of Achaia will stop this boasting of mine" (2 Cor 11:10)

There's nothing wrong with healthy pride, I mean surely you must be proud of yourself holding the Soviet Union in check with your B-47's..Smile

2- Jesus never had a 'bucket list' of things to speak out against such as slavery, he simply left it to our sense of decency not to do it; call it a test.
You can get yourself a slave to caddy for you on the golf course and keep him/her chained in your cellar to polish your clubs but i don't think Jesus would approve..Smile
Anyway the words "slave" and "servant", overlapped to various degrees from culture to culture and century to century and are often interchangeable.
New T:- "..law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful.... slave traders and liars..." (1 Tim 1:9)
Old T:- "He that steals a man and sells him, or if he be found in his hands, he shall surely be put to death " (Exod. 21:16; Deut. 24:7)
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2013 06:30 am
Quote:
Romeo explained: But when people became a little more civilised and intelligent, he cut them some slack and sent Jesus to help coach them along the extra mile. . .
Neo wondered: More civilized and intelligent?
Where do you come up with this?

The human race has definitely become less primitive over the centuries, for example mankind nowadays is capable of producing some really great TV game show formats like Cash Cab.
Sadly there's still a long way to go towards full enlightenment of the human race because there are still too many crackpot organised religions and cults around that have absurd beliefs, but hopefully they'll one day see sense-
"..in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will" (2 Tim 2:23-26)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/satan-come-down_zps25559b80.jpg~original
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2013 08:00 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Why are you quoting Paul about Jesus...rather than Jesus about Jesus?

Not sure i understand what you're getting at mate, Paul was singing from the same song sheet as Jesus, and when some people started trying to make Paul their main man he had to remind them-
"Follow Christ, not me, I wasn't crucified for you" (1 Cor 1:12/13)

So why are you quoting Paul instead of Jesus? If they both said the same thing...quote where Jesus said it.

You quoted Paul apparently suggesting Jesus was here to "trump" the Old Testament. I've quoted Jesus saying that he was NOT here to change anything about the Law...not one word.

So...YOU are elevating Paul to a status above Jesus.

Like I said...why are you quoting Paul instead of Jesus?

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2013 08:10 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: You ought to start quoting some of the things said in the Bible about "pride" and "arrogance", Romeo.

1- You want "pride and arrogance quotes mate, here ya go..Smile-
"..as a Christian, thank God you bear that name....that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (1 Peter 4:16, Col 4:12)
"As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, nobody in the regions of Achaia will stop this boasting of mine" (2 Cor 11:10)

There's nothing wrong with healthy pride, I mean surely you must be proud of yourself holding the Soviet Union in check with your B-47's..Smile

Even if there were nothing wrong with healthy pride (which yours decidedly is not)...there is a considerable difference between Paul boasting of being a Christian...and the kind of cartoon boasting you do.

You may not be able to see that, because your bloated ego probably doesn't allow for it...but those of us laughing at you see it clearly.

Quote:

2- Jesus never had a 'bucket list' of things to speak out against such as slavery, he simply left it to our sense of decency not to do it; call it a test.

Really! Are you actually going to get this corny? And you call out Neo for his JW take on thing!!!!

Why didn't Jesus speak out on slavery...or why didn't the people who documented what he said report that he did?

C'mon...give it a try.

Quote:
You can get yourself a slave to caddy for you on the golf course and keep him/her chained in your cellar to polish your clubs but i don't think Jesus would approve..Smile

Never use a caddy...but these days, caddies make more money that plumbers. It is a much sought after job...and they would laugh their butts off at the thought that you consider them slaves.

But desperation does require far reaching.

Quote:
Anyway the words "slave" and "servant", overlapped to various degrees from culture to culture and century to century and are often interchangeable.

Yeah, but real, actual slaver exist also. And the quote I offered from the Old Testament includes wording to the effect of "buying them", "owning their children" "being able to sell them" "owning them as chattels" and "bequeathing them as hereditary property making them perpetual slaves."

Why didn't he speak out against that kind of slavery?
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2013 10:01 am
@Frank Apisa,
I've warned you about feeding this idiot. You know the 'can't tell one fool from another ' story.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2013 10:17 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: So why are you quoting Paul instead of Jesus? If they both said the same thing...quote where Jesus said it.
You quoted Paul apparently suggesting Jesus was here to "trump" the Old Testament. I've quoted Jesus saying that he was NOT here to change anything about the Law...not one word.

Take care mate, the naughty stool.....
1-Think of Jesus as a soccer manager giving a team talk, then retiring to the dugout, leaving Paul as the onfield player-captain to keep the players on track..Smile
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/team-talk.gif~original

2- Whether you like it or not, Jesus TRASHED the harsh bits of the Old T by setting an example of compassion and mercy, like when he slung out the old "eye for eye" and rescued an adulteress from a fundy mob who wanted to kill her under the old law.
The bottom line is, if the Old T and the old law was all we needed, God wouldn't have had to send Jesus to set us straight..Smile
------------------------------------------------------------------
Romeo Fabulini: he shoots, he scores!
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/shoots1_zpsa38dec6c.jpg~original
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2013 10:38 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa swung with- Why didn't Jesus speak out on slavery...or why didn't the people who documented what he said report that he did?
Even if there were nothing wrong with healthy pride (which yours decidedly is not)...there is a considerable difference between Paul boasting of being a Christian...and the kind of cartoon boasting you do.

1- Here's an old law about slavery, and you've already pointed out that Jesus said he didn't come to change the law..Smile-
"He that steals a man and sells him, or if he be found in his hands, he shall surely be put to death " (Exod. 21:16; Deut. 24:7)

2- When people all over internet-land tell me stuff like-
"Mick, I would like you to know that the result of reading your posts I am left with the desire to pick up my bible for the first time in years" (Spannerose),
I have to admit to feeling a modest twinge of pride for saving somebody from going up the spout..Smile
PS- Hey that reminds me, my full list of fan mail is overdue for another airing, so here ya go-

ChildofLight - "So good to read your responses Mick, some are quite witty and made LOL"
Happysandyh - "welcome Mick, welcome welcome!"
HenryS - "You are brilliant Mick in finding appropriate phrases. Another one of your superb emails to store"
Firebrand - "Amen and welcome Mick"
Coconut - "Whew! Thanks for sharing Mick"
Sarah4Jesus - "Listen to Mick in Plymouth, he is a great teacher"
Cathie - "Very wise advice Mick, thanks"
Kierri - "That was one of the best explanations I've ever heard! Yay for Mick in Plymouth"
Haimehenmmli - "I LOVE IT MATE!!! I'm going to put it into my files, with some of my other favorites, from you"
Evachrst3 - "Right on, Mick, I couldn't agree more.Thank you for defending the faith so eloquently".
Devilmademedoit2 - "I love this! Thanks, Mick!"
SweetSummer96 - "Wow. That's a cool story Mick."
Vespasian052 - "Wow! Mick,what an awesome tale.."
Beekpr9 - "Amen to all you have said, Mick!"
Saipan1777 - "Spot on Mick bravo"
Duke Tinn - "Thanks again Mick. Great Stuff"
Tahella - "Welcome Mick!"
Ainglkiss - "Mick what a wonderful story. You write so well. Keep up the great work"
BlessedOne - "Glad to have you here Mick! Jesus is the way!"
MonkGirl - "Wow, thank you Mick! That is really comforting...and all I really needed to hear!"
WOFman - "Welcome Mick!"
JeffC - "HELL YEAH! PREACH IT BROTHER, THE REALITY WAY! (LUV YUR STYLE....)
Nottonguetied - "I loved those stories from Mick"
Honeybearx - "This was very good reading thank you Mick"
Megan - "Mick, I just wanted to tell you that I loved this story, it was very touching"
Benjoman - "Your one of the only ones from the singles board that I still love Mick"
Allisoneness -"You are the one true Christian on here, keep up the good work and praise the Lord"
Sherry Anne - "Mick i love your posts"
Antipas - "Brilliant yet again Mick"
Easynote - "ROFL Mick you are pure class, another of your timeless classics!"
Kermit - "I love Mick. He is so, how shall I say it, RIGHT ON THE MONEY AND FUNNY, TOO"
Kermmiekr - "How uplifting Mick, and so very true"
Chrysalis55- "Just want to say, I love your posts and your messages not only insprire me, sometimes they make me laugh
because you are able to get your point across in such a great way. WAY TO GO waymarker!!!"
Evenflow- I just LOVE this post You have made me smile BIG TIME this morning. Good for you and what a great attitude you have to life xx"
Apple Pie - "Really good to see you, Mick. Come on over to 4church, we could do with your input and your humour"
Lillian - "Mick please come back..it's nice having you on the board"

http://imageshack.us/a/img689/9031/yztv.jpg
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2013 01:00 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: So why are you quoting Paul instead of Jesus? If they both said the same thing...quote where Jesus said it.

Take care mate, the naughty stool.....
1-Think of Jesus as a soccer manager giving a team talk, then retiring to the dugout, leaving Paul as the onfield player-captain to keep the players on track..Smile

Jesus never even met Paul...who was an opportunist...and who did and said thing that most likely would have offended Jesus. He certainly offended many of the original disciples of Jesus.

The only player-captain Jesus left was Peter...and you do not quote from him either.

Quote:
2- Whether you like it or not, Jesus TRASHED the harsh bits of the Old T by setting an example of compassion and mercy, like when he slung out the old "eye for eye" and rescued an adulteress from a fundy mob who wanted to kill her under the old law.
The bottom line is, if the Old T and the old law was all we needed, God wouldn't have had to send Jesus to set us straight..Smile

No he didn't. He specifically told everyone that he was NOT HERE TO CHANGE THE LAW.

You can't get away from that...so stop with the sidetracking. It ain't gonna work.

0 Replies