giving 9 year old melatonin to sleep

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 09:41 pm
the father of my 9 year old grand daughter has been giving her melatonin to sleep. She sees her dad every other weekend. He is the step father to 4 other children who live in the house. He had a court ordered drug test done in July and it can back positive for cocaine. We have consulted a lawyer but nothing is being done.
I feel is is giving her the melatonin to make her sleep so he can party with his wife. Might be leaving them home alone to go party. Called CPS will they take action?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,023 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 07:24 am
@butch1956,
Maybe.

You'll be far more likely to see action if you complain to your attorney. Go in person; don't do this over the phone or via email. Show up and complain - LOUDLY - in their waiting room that you're not getting action on your case. This is not the sort of thing that attorneys want their other prospective clients to hear.

If that doesn't work, get another lawyer. You want the custody case reopened. Any lawyer worth his/her salt should be working on that, given the fact pattern as you've presented it.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 02:46 pm
The melatonin doesn't worry me but the cocaine does.
roger

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 04:01 pm
@Mame,
Agree - depending of the dosage, of course.
0 Replies