neologist

Wed 4 Dec, 2013 11:53 am
@IRFRANK,
There is actually an appointed time (Ecclesiastes 3:4). We may not know the time, but one of the signs is the destruction of religions fortold in ch 17 and 18 of the book of Revelation
IRFRANK

Wed 4 Dec, 2013 09:27 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
There is actually an appointed time (Ecclesiastes 3:4). We may not know the time, but one of the signs is the destruction of religions fortold in ch 17 and 18 of the book of Revelation

I was hoping for an actual date. You know, something that can be verified. Like the Mayan calendar ending.

neologist

Wed 4 Dec, 2013 09:39 pm
@IRFRANK,
I wrote:
IRFRANK wrote:
I was hoping for an actual date. You know, something that can be verified. Like the Mayan calendar ending.
Well, the winds are a blowin'
http://able2know.org/topic/50801-1
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 8 Dec, 2013 07:59 pm
There is a cultural allure to the notion of the end of the world, regardless of what region of the world the culture develops or what religion has taken hold of the culture.

It's pretty damned powerful and quite facinating.

This world will end and unless it does so in accordance with such scientific projections as the burn-out of the sun, won't those who who find the prophets of doom so laughable be in for a rude awakening?

IRFRANK

Sun 8 Dec, 2013 08:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
This world will end and unless it does so in accordance with such scientific projections as the burn-out of the sun, won't those who who find the prophets of doom so laughable be in for a rude awakening?

That is true in an absolute sense, but I find it laughable that with the couple thousand years since Revelations was written people think the world will end during their 75 year or so lifetime. Myself, I think it is a long time to come. And, to which prophets of doom should we listen? It falls into the category of one of those things I can't possibly know .
0 Replies